New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 11 of 156 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The Mazda3 is sluggish because the gearing is too long and the engine is too small for the car. The 2.0 Mazda3 actually accelerates as well as the Corolla 2.0, despite being much heavier because the engine is well-matched to the transmission.

That's also the problem with the Jazz/City 1.3 5-speed automatic... the gearing is way too long and the engine doesn't have the power to push through the gears. The 1.5 is perfect... but the gearing is still kind of long.

I see then, if its not too much too ask, can you cite any other car that has a well matched 4 speed A/T to its engine? I'm just trying to imagine it because i might happen to drive a car of that kind already and I might use it as a comparison to the accent when I do a test drive...
    Last edited by locoroco777; December 10th, 2010 at 08:34 PM.

2. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Sabay sa city 6km/L lang. Hahaha bibili ka pa? Haha

Tanong mo kay Otep kung ano FC nung Accent sa city drive.
    ahaha! hindi na noh... ang laki ng difference ng city at long drive. .haha!! )

sonata na lang bibilhin ko kung 6km/L hahaha

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by locoroco777 View Post
    I see then, if its not too much too ask, can you cite any other car that has a well matched 4 speed A/T to its engine? I'm just trying to imagine it because i might happen to drive a car of that kind already and I might use it as a comparison to the accent when I do a test drive...
    The Mazda2 1.5 and Toyota Vios 1.5, though I feel that the Mazda2 has better "punch" in first gear, whereas the Vios's second gear feels more proper.

Strangely... I like the transmission in the i10. Not very quick in high gears (simply because it doesn't have much horsepower), but the lower gear ratios are quite short.

Mind you... since these are four-speeds, you sacrifice some highway economy for the extra useability in traffic. But you can always make up for this by driving slower on the highway...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    The Mazda2 1.5 and Toyota Vios 1.5, though I feel that the Mazda2 has better "punch" in first gear, whereas the Vios's second gear feels more proper.

Strangely... I like the transmission in the i10. Not very quick in high gears (simply because it doesn't have much horsepower), but the lower gear ratios are quite short.

Mind you... since these are four-speeds, you sacrifice some highway economy for the extra useability in traffic. But you can always make up for this by driving slower on the highway...
    +1 on this. the 1.5 mill on the mazda2 only has 100 hp, and only has a 4 speed automatic, but it feels quick due to the light weight and the gearing

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007

thanks for the inputs...

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Yeah same here THANKS for that valuable info. I'm learning alot here since we'll be getting our first automatic afte the holidays...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    can anyone confirm kung may diesel variant talaga na lalabas, kasi if there is i'm willing to wait, if not, good parin sa akin yung 1.6 gamma. thanks.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    No one is sure, but likely meron question is when.... You see even Hyundai Korea themselves have not created a new Accent CRDi... So in other words at the moment, IT DOES NOT EXIST! We can only speculate on the future...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    it does look like a moni tucson inside and out. looks niceee.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Well.. HARI is sure to launch a diesel variant of the Accent.

But the questions are

What are the features?

How much is the diesel variant?