New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2011
    Hi tsikot members! Please help me decide. I'm planning to buy a new car through in-house financing and i'm about to choose between these two cars: the new chevy aveo 1.4 m/t or 2011 hyundai accent cvvt 1.4 m/t. Thanks.

2. Join Date
    May 2011
    hello po, new lang ako dito, and nakita ko po yung thread nyo, actually, i'm also planning to buy a car either of these two selections. And I'm wondering w/c of the two, para kzeng parehong mganda, pero nakapili kna po ba? ano po yung napili nyo?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Accent is a more modern car with a better engine. Chevrolet's updates to its model line (Captiva, then Cruze, then Spark) haven't reached the Aveo yet. Not much point in buying the Aveo except in terms of the toys you can get for the price, but personally, I'd rather buy the better car than the better toys. You can always buy the toys later, but after you've purchased it and are paying in installments, you're stuck with the car.

-

Also, try to get bank quotations, as you can most often get better financing deals than in-house.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Accent will be the best choice, but i think both cars will have a delay in delivery since there are some production disruption in South Korea from Yoosung enterprises.Same deal with japan car manufacturers due to tsunami and earthquake incidences.

5. Join Date
    May 2011
    In case accent is not available, may good choices pa po ba than chevy aveo 1.4L MT? What bout Vios 1.3J MT po? which is the better choice po?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Honda City A

7. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Bro, as of now according to my SA they still have an ample stock of accent sa stock house nila... I just got my accent 1.4 MT last may 13. and I'm very happy on it's performance... VALUE FOR MONEY!!!

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    This is a joke, of course the Accent. The AVEO sucks! Its a very old car and will soon be replaced by the Sonic...

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by wheels101 View Post
    Hi tsikot members! Please help me decide. I'm planning to buy a new car through in-house financing and i'm about to choose between these two cars: the new chevy aveo 1.4 m/t or 2011 hyundai accent cvvt 1.4 m/t. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by BabySkye View Post
    hello po, new lang ako dito, and nakita ko po yung thread nyo, actually, i'm also planning to buy a car either of these two selections. And I'm wondering w/c of the two, para kzeng parehong mganda, pero nakapili kna po ba? ano po yung napili nyo?
    Hey you two guys, where were you around two months ago?

I was in the exact same predicament and made a lengthy thread somewhere here in tsikot (forgot if its in Hyundai or Chvrolet thread or elsewhere)

Like you guys, i was torn between the 2 and like some of the comments here, its all about better toys but older model with the Aveo vs newer car but not so many toys with the accent 1.4 AT.

From what i said in that thread, Aveo with price discounts and promo (at that time they were offering a FREE iPAD!! with the purchase of the car) it wil come out the same or even cheaper than the accent. But, you'll be getting chrome accents, dual airbags, better HUD, audio and bluetooth controls on the steering wheel... basically, i said, its like the ACCENT BLUE with the ACCENT 1.4 price (and the 1.4 engine instead of 1.6). I even liked the interior better.. nice aircon vents, dash, armrest, etc and i think its even a tad roomier. The only downside for me then was the bland exterior, not as ***y as the 2011 release accent.

Still, I came THAT close in choosing the Aveo... at the last minute (thanks to thread responses also and feedback from some friends) I realized Chevrolet has poorer service and expensive parts. Plus the model is about to be phased out. That made the difference and I ended up buying the Accent. Have it now for 2 months and havent regretted it since. (although once in a while when i reach for the car stereo I wish i had the controls built in the steering instead.

Sana update nyo naman thread here what you guys ended up buying..

10. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by kyleryner View Post
    Hey you two guys, where were you around two months ago?

I was in the exact same predicament and made a lengthy thread somewhere here in tsikot (forgot if its in Hyundai or Chvrolet thread or elsewhere)

Like you guys, i was torn between the 2 and like some of the comments here, its all about better toys but older model with the Aveo vs newer car but not so many toys with the accent 1.4 AT.

From what i said in that thread, Aveo with price discounts and promo (at that time they were offering a FREE iPAD!! with the purchase of the car) it wil come out the same or even cheaper than the accent. But, you'll be getting chrome accents, dual airbags, better HUD, audio and bluetooth controls on the steering wheel... basically, i said, its like the ACCENT BLUE with the ACCENT 1.4 price (and the 1.4 engine instead of 1.6). I even liked the interior better.. nice aircon vents, dash, armrest, etc and i think its even a tad roomier. The only downside for me then was the bland exterior, not as ***y as the 2011 release accent.

Still, I came THAT close in choosing the Aveo... at the last minute (thanks to thread responses also and feedback from some friends) I realized Chevrolet has poorer service and expensive parts. Plus the model is about to be phased out. That made the difference and I ended up buying the Accent. Have it now for 2 months and havent regretted it since. (although once in a while when i reach for the car stereo I wish i had the controls built in the steering instead.

Sana update nyo naman thread here what you guys ended up buying..
    Nice choice sir, i also have a 1.4 AT hyundai silver accent, up until now no problems encounter, naitakbo na nga namin from Antipolo to Manaog Pangasinan and back. super smooth ang shifting at ride niya.

2011 chevrolet aveo 1.4 m/t or 2011 hyundai accent cvvt 1.4 m/t