New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 185 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    This or Mazda CX-7 hrmmmmm....

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I say this kasi may diesel and not just any diesel. Its Hyundai R-engine diesel!

3. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDf6UOcPuVE"]YouTube - 2010 ALL NEW HYUNDAI TUCSON iX MOVIE[/ame]

Ganda

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    I say this kasi may diesel and not just any diesel. Its Hyundai R-engine diesel!
    What's the difference with the CRDi engine diesel technology?

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Obvious advantage is fuel economy. A gasoline engine with the same displacement (and knowing Mazda's reputation) will be a gas guzzler especially if driven in city on stop and go type of traffic. Other advantage is the superior torque very very useful in city driving to blast from a stoplight.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Obvious advantage is fuel economy. A gasoline engine with the same displacement (and knowing Mazda's reputation) will be a gas guzzler especially if driven in city on stop and go type of traffic. Other advantage is the superior torque very very useful in city driving to blast from a stoplight.
    I was asking about how does Hyundai-R engine compare to CRDi engine not Mazda's MZR or DISI engines.

OT:
    To be fair, Mazda's reputation has not always been focused on Fuel Economy but performance. I had an Mz3 and I was getting 7-8km/l (at times I hit 10 or 11) uncontrolled driving. I wouldn't say that's fuel efficient but I wouldn't say that's gas guzzling either.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Just Google "Hyundai R-engine" and look at its power and torque ratings and compare them to the Tucson or any compact crossover out there in the same price range and you will see what I mean...

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Just Google "Hyundai R-engine" and look at its power and torque ratings and compare them to the Tucson or any compact crossover out there in the same price range and you will see what I mean...
    On paper the 2nd Gen Hyundai Tucson is rated at 184hp with an amazing 15.4 kilometers per liter fuel economy. Now that's something really enticing.

Contrast that to Mazda CX-7, with rating of 244hp (244 bhp (182 kW)*5000, 258 lb·ft (350 N·m)*2500) for the 2.3 turbo. The down side is the fuel economy rating for this engine is 23mpg or about 9.77km/l

Power and Torque gas engines always win. Fuel Economy diesel engine wins.
    Last edited by daimengrui; September 24th, 2009 at 01:22 PM.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by daimengrui View Post
    I was asking about how does Hyundai-R engine compare to CRDi engine not Mazda's MZR or DISI engines.
    Hyundai released today the details of their new diesel performance powerplant - the Hyundai R-Engine. The diesel Hyundai R-Engine comes in two sizes, 2.0 and 2.2-litre, with power outputs of 184PS/392Nm and 200PS/436Nm respectively. The Hyundai R-Engine features a third generation common rail system with piezo-electric injectors to deliver fuel at 1800-bar. The Hyundai R-Engine also features an electronic variable geometry turbocharger and an advanced engine control unit (air system-based charge control).

The Hyundai R-Engine will enter production in 2009 and will power the new SUV vehicles and large saloons.
    Hyundai Press Release:

"R proves Hyundai's diesel development capabilities really are world-class. With diesels becoming cleaner and more fuel efficient all the time, there's a growing demand for diesel powerplants worldwide and Hyundai is well positioned to supply the market with the very best diesel technology," said Dr Hyun-Soon Lee, president of the Corporate Research and Development Division.

The all-aluminum R-Engine is fitted with a 16-valve dual overhead camshaft which is driven by an internal steel silent timing chain. For reduced vibration and lower noise, the R gets a lower balance shaft which has been encased in a stiffened ladder frame housing for increased rigidity. Weight saving features include serpentine belt with isolation pulley, a plastic head cover, plastic intake manifold and plastic oil filter housing.

To achieve Euro-5 emission compliancy, the R is fitted with a close-coupled diesel particulate filter plus highly efficient exhaust gas recirculation with by-pass valve.

Over 500 prototype engines were built during the 42 month-long development period which encompassed a wide variety performance and emissions tests, endurance as well as NVH, cooling and lubrication studies. Finally, the engine was installed in vehicles and subjected to exhaustive testing under all imaginable environmental conditions.

The R-Engine will enter production next year and will see its first application in new SUV vehicles and large saloons.

http://www.zercustoms.com/news/Hyundai-R-Engine.html

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by daimengrui View Post

Power and Torque gas engines always win. Fuel Economy diesel engine wins.
    Err.. not quite! Almost always gas engines have higher HP ratings than diesel with equivalent displacement. But also diesel engines have more TORQUE than gas engines with equal displacement. The Tucson has a 2000cc engine and the CX7 a 2300cc engine so lamang ng 300cc ang CX7 pero talo pa din sya sa torque depsite that 300cc advantage. 2nd gen Tucson's torque is rated at 289lb.ft while the CX7 has 258lb.ft...

2010 Hyundai Tucson [ARCHIVED]