New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 800 of 808 FirstFirst ... 700750790796797798799800801802803804 ... LastLast
Results 7,991 to 8,000 of 8071
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    di ba ok yung prestone pre mixed coolant? di ba specially formulated na yun for asian vehicles? pag green ang coolant, yan prestone gamit ko unless ibang kulay like toyota or mazda or honda
    Honestly, I'm not sure. In the 90s it was easy because almost all cars ran on green silicated IAT (Inorganic Additive Technology). With modern cars it seems the safest bet would be to use what the casa sells. But with CVT's experience it seems even they switch out their coolant for whatever is available. I've also experienced this across different makes of cars.

This link shows a table of the different coolant types:
    Engine Coolant – Choosing the Right Type for Your Car | Valvoline™<br />

Despite the color coding on Valvoline's website, color can't be used as a guide anymore as it won't tell you if it is ethylene glycol or propylene glycol based, has silicates, phosphates, 2eha, etc. And other brands use different colors across their range.

I'm interested in using Peak Global Lifetime coolant because:
    1. It is a HOAT coolant (Hybrid Organic Acid Technology) that is ethylene glycol based but silicate, 2EHA and phosphate free.
    2. It is an extended life coolant. They even claim it can be left in the car for the rest of its life.
    3. Said to be compatible with all the other types of coolant. This is important for me as traces of the old coolant may still linger despite flushing.
    Last edited by Wh1stl3r; July 31st, 2020 at 10:14 AM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Honestly, I'm not sure. In the 90s it was easy because almost all cars ran on green silicated IAT (Inorganic Additive Technology). With modern cars it seems the safest bet would be to use what the casa sells. But with CVT's experience it seems even they switch out their coolant for whatever is available. I've also experienced this across different makes of cars.

This link shows a table of the different coolant types:
    Engine Coolant – Choosing the Right Type for Your Car | Valvoline[emoji769]

Despite the color coding on Valvoline's website, color can't be used as a guide anymore as it won't tell you if it is ethylene glycol or propylene glycol based, has silicates, phosphates, 2eha, etc. And other brands use different colors across their range.

I'm interested in using Peak Global Lifetime coolant because:
    1. It is a HOAT coolant (Hybrid Organic Acid Technology) that is ethylene glycol based but silicate, 2EHA and phosphate free.
    2. It is an extended life coolant. They even claim it can be left in the car for the rest of its life.
    3. Said to be compatible with all the other types of coolant. This is important for me as traces of the old coolant may still linger despite flushing.
    Maganda din yun sa shell. Reco-Cool - Product Range

Reco-cool. OST na rin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by shadow; July 31st, 2020 at 10:30 AM.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    This one?
    Aisin LONG LIFE COOLANT (LCC) / ANTI FREEZE - 4 Liters/ 1Gallon (Green) | Lazada PH

I used Mitasu before. Since manual only says "use ethylene glycol based coolant", I thought maybe the GS is not picky when it comes to coolant. But I read somewhere that most Asian cars shouldn't use coolants with 2EHA because they are not compatible with gaskets. Silicates too.

Does anyone know what OEM coolant the casa uses?
    Yep that one

Never know kung maselan GS sa coolant.
    Yung mga oldies na kakilala ko naka GS and even older starex. Toyota coolant pa nga ginagamit minsan yung Abro pa nga wala naman naging mga problema

Btt: mayroon na ba sa inyo ngpa bypass ng heater nila? My mechanic told me na pa ganon ko daw pag gusto ko para iwas problema in future

Sent from my SM-A507FN using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jaggerx3 View Post
    Yep that one

Yung mga oldies na kakilala ko naka GS and even older starex. Toyota coolant pa nga ginagamit minsan yung Abro pa nga wala naman naging mga problema

Btt: mayroon na ba sa inyo ngpa bypass ng heater nila? My mechanic told me na pa ganon ko daw pag gusto ko para iwas problema in future

Heater ng AC?
    Anong problema sira ba ma eencounter pag hindi nag bypass ng heater?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002

NO, do not have your heater by-passed. In the remote case that your engine overheats you can always turn on the heater with windows wide open. This may just be enough to keep your engine cool until you reach a gas station or repair shop.

This is true for all vehicles equipped with a heater.
    Last edited by yebo; August 1st, 2020 at 12:05 AM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    This is quite effective! Yeah ok it is chinese but i do make exemptions when no substitutes can be found. And this is cheap, P139 per can (do not order from FB where they sell this for P899 for 2!) Anyway i did a complete wash, interior detail and engine wash today. Using this in the interior i was able to remove the old factory grime that the vehicle came with. I did not saw this grime during delivery otherwise i would have rejected the unit but grime is gone now.

MultiFunctional Foam Cleaner Spray 65ML Spray To Clean

7. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    This is quite effective! Yeah ok it is chinese but i do make exemptions when no substitutes can be found. And this is cheap, P139 per can (do not order from FB where they sell this for P899 for 2!) Anyway i did a complete wash, interior detail and engine wash today. Using this in the interior i was able to remove the old factory grime that the vehicle came with. I did not saw this grime during delivery otherwise i would have rejected the unit but grime is gone now.

MultiFunctional Foam Cleaner Spray 65ML Spray To Clean

Yan din gamit ko, pati sa palm marks sa ceiling at yung artwork sa back seat tanggal.
    Meron lang ako sariling scrubber.
    Lazada din ako bumili.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Yep that one

bro dont bypass the heater. Thats extra heat capacity incase of overheats. Basta correct coolant tatagal naman yan. The solenoid that regulates my heater is so far working great.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pansin ko ang mga new starexes, both pre-facelift and facelifted, mabilis mapundi light bulbs. I've changed both low beam headlight bulbs and both brake light bulbs. Madami din ako nakikita sa daan na pundido brake lights nila. The high brake light lits up but 1 or both of the 2 rear do not. Kakapalit ko lang ng right side brake light bulb kanina. Parang mahina quality ng new oem bulbs.

21,000 km na odo. I ordered hyundai xteer 5w30 fs sa lazada. Time to get out of casa maintenance!

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    Pansin ko ang mga new starexes, both pre-facelift and facelifted, mabilis mapundi light bulbs. I've changed both low beam headlight bulbs and both brake light bulbs. Madami din ako nakikita sa daan na pundido brake lights nila. The high brake light lits up but 1 or both of the 2 rear do not. Kakapalit ko lang ng right side brake light bulb kanina. Parang mahina quality ng new oem bulbs.

21,000 km na odo. I ordered hyundai xteer 5w30 fs sa lazada. Time to get out of casa maintenance!
    when the bulbs go out with alarming regularity, it's probably not the bulbs. but in case they are, i experiment with the more expensive branded bulbs. if they still conk out with alarming regularity,
    i look at the car's set-up, looking for:
    1. loose connections in the wiring, the socket. loose electrical contacts generate more heat, kasi.
    2. loose mechanical connections. the headlight assembly, the bulb socket, the surrounding neighborhood. anything that tends to vibrate. bulbs that vibrate or subjected to increased shock, conk out faster. you might even soften the tires a bit, in an effort to lessen the shock...

good luck.

one other thing.
    korea is a temperate country. it's cooler there, anytime.
    and if they design their cars in accordance to their weather, then export them to here, where the sun swelters...
    but that's an unlikely scenario, as korea caters to the global market.

2008 Hyundai Starex (Gen. 4)