New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 799 of 808 FirstFirst ... 699749789795796797798799800801802803 ... LastLast
Results 7,981 to 7,990 of 8071
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Today was full tank day. Instead of going to Uno roosevelt i decided to fill up at Unioil west ave. For the 3rd straight week i managed to increase my fuel mileage! From 6.3 km/l, to 6.8 km/l and this week's consumption was 7.8 km/l. This is all EDSA rush hour traffic. I just followed what i have been telling myself for a long time but did not do. NO BRAKES DRIVING! Yup, drive as if i got no brakes. I keep a safe distance from the vehicle in front, coast to stop, take advantage of momentum. Now the surprise. Normally when i fill up the range is only maximum 500 km (because of edsa traffic). Now the range displayed on full tank was 592 km. Then as i started using Unioil euro5 fuel after only 15 km of use it even went up to 630 km. My goal for next week is anything near 8 km/L. I may have to up that a bit. It is a euro5 engine afterall and i had been using euro4 fuel, maybe it is more efficient using euro5 fuel?

Btw, Uno roosevelt price is P30.55/L, Unioil is P 33.25/L but with SnR P2.50 discount comes to P30.75/L, only P0.20 difference (only P18 difference for a full tank).
    Last edited by yebo; July 28th, 2020 at 09:31 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    What coolant do you guys use for the GS?

3. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    What coolant do you guys use for the GS?
    Kakapalit ko lang
    Umorder ako ng Aisin na green sa lazada

Sent from my SM-A507FN using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jaggerx3 View Post
    Kakapalit ko lang

Ilang kms o years bago ka nagpalit?
    Ilang liters inabot?
    Last edited by glenn_duke; July 29th, 2020 at 11:27 PM.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn_duke View Post
    Ilang kms o years bago ka nagpalit?
    Ilang liters inabot?
    1 gallon ng 4 litres tapos 2 litres yata inorder ko.
    Almost gamit lahat

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jaggerx3 View Post
    Kakapalit ko lang

This one?
    Aisin LONG LIFE COOLANT (LCC) / ANTI FREEZE - 4 Liters/ 1Gallon (Green) | Lazada PH

I used Mitasu before. Since manual only says "use ethylene glycol based coolant", I thought maybe the GS is not picky when it comes to coolant. But I read somewhere that most Asian cars shouldn't use coolants with 2EHA because they are not compatible with gaskets. Silicates too.

Does anyone know what OEM coolant the casa uses?

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    This one?
    Aisin LONG LIFE COOLANT (LCC) / ANTI FREEZE - 4 Liters/ 1Gallon (Green) | Lazada PH

I used Mitasu before. Since manual only says "use ethylene glycol based coolant", I thought maybe the GS is not picky when it comes to coolant. But I read somewhere that most Asian cars shouldn't use coolants with 2EHA because they are not compatible with gaskets. Silicates too.

When I purchased my coolant from Hyundai a few years ago, it was Wurth brand concentrate, colored blue which you can mix with distilled water 1:8.

I could not find that particular coolant these days and Hyundai is promoting a different coolant, too, colored green.

So I settled for the blue coolant which is being sold by Concorde.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    When I purchased my coolant from Hyundai a few years ago, it was Wurth brand concentrate, colored blue which you can mix with distilled water 1:8.

I could not find that particular coolant these days and Hyundai is promoting a different coolant, too, colored green.

So I settled for the blue coolant which is being sold by Concorde.
    Since we can't rely on color anymore, I really wish there was a standard coolant classification. To make it easier to choose the right one. This link shows damage from using the wrong coolant. It's not pretty.

https://www.motor.com/magazinepdfs/082010_08.pdf

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    This has good reviews on BITOG and is considered a good "universal" coolant.

https://peakauto.com/wp-content/uplo...C-SHEET-R6.pdf

Can anyone with more knowledge about coolant chime in?

It's basically a long life OAT minus the 2EHA.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    This one?

di ba ok yung prestone pre mixed coolant? di ba specially formulated na yun for asian vehicles? pag green ang coolant, yan prestone gamit ko unless ibang kulay like toyota or mazda or honda

2008 Hyundai Starex (Gen. 4)