New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 797 of 808 FirstFirst ... 697747787793794795796797798799800801807 ... LastLast
Results 7,961 to 7,970 of 8071
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    Got the shipment from Lazada 2 days ago for power sockets. Installed 1 each on the C pillars. Di na magaagawan sa 2 meter usb cable mga chikiting pag long drive

Sorry can't post pic, something wrong with my tsikot. Basta dun siya sa C pillar, yung plastic moulding na between upper and lower, madaling tangalin may 4 lang na clips. Just peel off the rubber seal on the door then pull. Then you can use a circular saw/hole saw to cut the hole. Pwede din yung drill bit for door lock bolt pero need to make bigger. Then wire it up to the fuse box and connect with fuse tap.
    Bro- that's exactly what Nolan, T3d, and other fellow GS members of THP did with their GSs years ago...

In our case, our kids bring their power banks, which we charge on rotation in our 4/5 USB ports near the front seat...
    Last edited by CVT; June 21st, 2020 at 05:45 PM.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn_duke View Post
    Anyone here changed the engine support of their GS?
    Ilang kms or years before you change the engine support ?
    Bro- why are you thinking of replacing it?

Our GS is 10 years already and I don't perceive a need of changing the engine support. What are the signs I should be looking at?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    Bro- why are you thinking of replacing it?

Our GS is 10 years already and I don't perceive a need of changing the engine support. What are the signs I should be looking at?

Na biktima kasi ng malalim na lubak last December sa Andaya highway yung left wheel ko.
    Tapos dun na nagsimula yung parang may umaalog sa engine bay.
    Pinatingnan ko last week , yung engine support at ibang bushing ang tingin nila na papalitan.
    By schedule yung Hyundai casa, puro PMS inuuna, kaya sa Bosche service center ko muna dinala.
    2015 model ang unit ko.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I went to RoadFit banawe yesterday and bought HiQ brake pads. Malaki din difference ng price from their Lazada store to the physical store price. The front severe duty pads are priced at P1850 in Lazada while it is only P1700 at their store. The rear pads are priced P1140 in lazada while at the store it is P990. Add to that shipping cost.

At mas malaki tipid compared to casa! I'm guessing P3-4k for front pads alone, plus labor.

Replaced the pads today. 1mm na lang kakayod na yung warning tabs. Odo is at 20,270 km. Labor cost = zero!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    perhaps your battery is in a perpetual state of half-charge or worse, because of the way you use the vehicle, always challenging the electrical system?

perhaps you should charge your battery periodically? some folks may recommend a trickle charger or an automatic-type charger.

some folks believe that the battery will last longer, if it were kept in high charge.
    You are right doc! I checked the battery voltage was only 12.6V. Anyway this made me decide to order a smart battery charger. Lo and behold, the charger indicated that the state of charge was only 20%!!!

I will need to ask the casa if they can adjust the charging voltage when i go for pms maybe next week.
    Last edited by yebo; July 13th, 2020 at 10:03 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    You are right doc! I checked the battery voltage was only 12.6V. Anyway this made me decide to order a smart battery charger. Lo and behold, the charger indicated that the state of charge was only 20%!!!

I will need to ask the casa if they can adjust the charging voltage when i go for pms maybe next week.
    charging voltage of the alternator? it is already controlled with 13.8V to 14.2V range by an IC.. maybe the battery is deteriorating loosing its ability to hold charge. if you have smart battery charger, try to use its RECON mode or REPAIR mode. In CTEK charger, it will charge the battery at around 15V for a time, therefore it is recommended to remove the battery from the car.

or its also possible that the alternator is not giving the 14.2V max to fully charge the battery.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    I went to RoadFit banawe yesterday and bought HiQ brake pads. Malaki din difference ng price from their Lazada store to the physical store price. The front severe duty pads are priced at P1850 in Lazada while it is only P1700 at their store. The rear pads are priced P1140 in lazada while at the store it is P990. Add to that shipping cost.

At mas malaki tipid compared to casa! I'm guessing P3-4k for front pads alone, plus labor.

Replaced the pads today. 1mm na lang kakayod na yung warning tabs. Odo is at 20,270 km. Labor cost = zero!
    What can u say about HiQ pads? D ba nangangain ng rotor?

Sent from my SM-A507FN using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Pangit yung regular HiQ for me. Maingay at andaming dust. Baka mas maganda yung higher end nila, yung Hagen.

Tingin ko Hagen yung nakakabit na OEM sa KDM GS namin. Ceramic and low dust.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jaggerx3 View Post
    What can u say about HiQ pads? D ba nangangain ng rotor?

Sent from my SM-A507FN using Tapatalk
    Same ingay ng factory installed pads, less dust. Bagong kabit pa lang e wala pa 500km tinakbo. I will know kung mabilis magwear ang rotor maybe after 10000 km pa. Yung old pads nasa 0,5 ~ 1.0 mm kinain sa rotor (more on front, less at rear) so pag pm ko ng 30k km icompare ko.
    Last edited by yebo; July 14th, 2020 at 01:09 PM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Re: battery. After charging for 10 hours with the charger the battery voltage is now at 13.8 volts, so up by 1.2volts from yesterday. 1 click start na ulit.

I will try to use the battery repair function this weekend.

2008 Hyundai Starex (Gen. 4)