New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 752 of 808 FirstFirst ... 652702742748749750751752753754755756762802 ... LastLast
Results 7,511 to 7,520 of 8071
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by benchph1 View Post
    Depends kung taga saan ka. Sa East Rey’s Electrical sa Marikina, sa bandang West naman (QC) Wizards Electrical.

Search mo na lang sa google ang address at number nila. Parehong sikat yan so madami nagpapagawa. Better pumunta ka maaga.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    salamat po bossing sa pag reply.
    thanks po ng marami

2. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    May nagpalit na ba ng coolant sa inyo? Ilang litres ba? Planning to replace mine. Matagal na din ksi

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I had a Grand Starex GL over the weekend for a Tagaytay/Batangas trip. Very spacious 8-9 seater with a pretty decent ride and handling, only let down by the terrible, terrible engine.

The 2.5L non-CRDi engine was definitely insufficient for the 2,100 kg van. With only 100 hp on tap, I had to floor the pedal 80% of the time when driving around the steep slopes of Tagaytay Highlands.

Second gear at 3000 rpm, 40 kph with 7 people on board, and then the van would start slowing down in the middle of the slope so I had no choice but to shift down to first gear just to make it up. I can't believe there's still a car sold today that's so underpowered it almost couldn't make it through Tagaytay's uphills.

I also dropped by my wedding venue reception and it couldn't make it up the uphill slope from a standstill even in first gear! So much turbo lag under 1500 rpm that you really needed a rolling start just to have the momentum to climb the slope.

On the highway, the engine was so noisy and labored even if we were just cruising at 100 kph. Getting it to 120 kph took so long and even longer to reach its 140 kph top speed. I recently came from driving a Suzuki APV around Siargao and that felt more powerful even if it only had a 1.6L 91 hp gas engine.

You'd expect a low-power diesel to be very efficient (like the Crosswind) but since I had to drive at 2500-3500 rpm all the time, FC was so dismal at just 7.12 km/L! This was without much traffic in provincial driving!

The nice thing about the Starex is that it's surprisingly easy to drive. The clutch was light and the van was very planted on the road so you can actually take a corner without feeling like it would topple over. My passengers also found the ride to be very comfortable. I tried the backseat for a bit and it was definitely better than the other vans in its price range.

Space was not only humongous for passengers, but also for our cargo. You could definitely fit 1 week's worth of luggage for everyone. As a base model though - the Starex GL is very bare. No ABS, no Bluetooth, no windows for the rear passengers, no fog lamps, no nothing. It's really just a barebones but very spacious people carrier.

Comparing this 1.4M entry-level Starex to the competition - the Hiace Commuter and the Nissan NV350, it wins in terms of space for 8 and ride comfort. But the Japanese vans definitely have more power (even the older 2.5L 102 hp D4D from Toyota is definitely punchier than Hyundai's 2.5 TCI). They also have higher seating capacities although with compromised legroom and cargo room. I think the NV350 is the best among the bunch although it still feels very spartan inside so they're all really compromised people vans.

Bottomline, if I needed a 7-seater, I'd get an Innova or a PPV instead. If I need to carry 8-10 people, I'd get either a Starex VGT or a Hiace Grandia.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jut703; May 21st, 2018 at 12:19 PM.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I had a Grand Starex GL over the weekend for a Tagaytay/Batangas trip. Very spacious 8-9 seater with a pretty decent ride and handling, only let down by the terrible, terrible engine.

The 2.5L non-CRDi engine was definitely insufficient for the 2,100 kg van. With only 100 hp on tap, I had to floor the pedal 80% of the time when driving around the steep slopes of Tagaytay Highlands.

Second gear at 3000 rpm, 40 kph with 7 people on board, and then the van would start slowing down in the middle of the slope so I had no choice but to shift down to first gear just to make it up. I can't believe there's still a car sold today that's so underpowered it almost couldn't make it through Tagaytay's uphills.

I also dropped by my wedding venue reception and it couldn't make it up the uphill slope from a standstill even in first gear! So much turbo lag under 1500 rpm that you really needed a rolling start just to have the momentum to climb the slope.

On the highway, the engine was so noisy and labored even if we were just cruising at 100 kph. Getting it to 120 kph took so long and even longer to reach its 140 kph top speed. I recently came from driving a Suzuki APV around Siargao and that felt more powerful even if it only had a 1.6L 91 hp gas engine.

You'd expect a low-power diesel to be very efficient (like the Crosswind) but since I had to drive at 2500-3500 rpm all the time, FC was so dismal at just 7.12 km/L! This was without much traffic in provincial driving!

The nice thing about the Starex is that it's surprisingly easy to drive. The clutch was light and the van was very planted on the road so you can actually take a corner without feeling like it would topple over. My passengers also found the ride to be very comfortable. I tried the backseat for a bit and it was definitely better than the other vans in its price range.

Space was not only humongous for passengers, but also for our cargo. You could definitely fit 1 week's worth of luggage for everyone. As a base model though - the Starex GL is very bare. No ABS, no Bluetooth, no windows for the rear passengers, no fog lamps, no nothing. It's really just a barebones but very spacious people carrier.

Comparing this 1.4M entry-level Starex to the competition - the Hiace Commuter and the Nissan NV350, it wins in terms of space for 8 and ride comfort. But the Japanese vans definitely have more power (even the older 2.5L 102 hp D4D from Toyota is definitely punchier than Hyundai's 2.5 TCI). They also have higher seating capacities although with compromised legroom and cargo room. I think the NV350 is the best among the bunch although it still feels very spartan inside so they're all really compromised people vans.

Bottomline, if I needed a 7-seater, I'd get an Innova or a PPV instead. If I need to carry 8-10 people, I'd get either a Starex VGT or a Hiace Grandia.

What about the NV350 premium bro?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    What about the NV350 premium bro?

Sobrang panget eh. 😂 I hate the bubbletop. And the interior is still very spartan, doesn't feel premium at all.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Sobrang panget eh. [emoji23] I hate the bubbletop. And the interior is still very spartan, doesn't feel premium at all.

Lol! Alphard pa rin ftw!

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    Lol! Alphard pa rin ftw!

Yes, the Alphard is awesome. Also the Carnival and V220d. But all are above the 2M mark (V220d is 4M lol).

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    3M ang alphard. Anyone tried to test drive the Peugeot Teepee? I see some on the road. Parang VW Caddy na pinilit maging people carrier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Mag 3 yrs old pa lang starex namin, oblong na ang dalawang gulong badtrip. Kapal pa naman dahil madalas weekend lang gamit.

Ano mas ok?
    Kumho portran 5,199
    Or
    Gt radial maxmiler pro 4,950

Any experience?

Sent from my SM-A9000 using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    Mag 3 yrs old pa lang starex namin, oblong na ang dalawang gulong badtrip. Kapal pa naman dahil madalas weekend lang gamit.

Ano mas ok?
    Kumho portran 5,199
    Or
    Gt radial maxmiler pro 4,950

Any experience?

Sent from my SM-A9000 using Tapatalk
    when not in use.. increase tire pressure

FOCUS

2008 Hyundai Starex (Gen. 4)