New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 801 of 808 FirstFirst ... 701751791797798799800801802803804805 ... LastLast
Results 8,001 to 8,010 of 8071
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    when the bulbs go out with alarming regularity, it's probably not the bulbs. but in case they are, i experiment with the more expensive branded bulbs. if they still conk out with alarming regularity,
    i look at the car's set-up, looking for:
    1. loose connections in the wiring, the socket. loose electrical contacts generate more heat, kasi.
    2. loose mechanical connections. the headlight assembly, the bulb socket, the surrounding neighborhood. anything that tends to vibrate. bulbs that vibrate or subjected to increased shock, conk out faster. you might even soften the tires a bit, in an effort to lessen the shock...

good luck.

one other thing.
    korea is a temperate country. it's cooler there, anytime.
    and if they design their cars in accordance to their weather, then export them to here, where the sun swelters...
    but that's an unlikely scenario, as korea caters to the global market.
    I think it's the bulbs doc. The first replacements i installed have gone twice as long as the oem already. I already checked the sockets, they are quite tight with springy contacts.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Changed the oil today, from shell helix 5w40 ss to hyundai xteer 5w30 fs. Mas pino engine sound, actually i had to do a double take sa tach kung umaandar nga. Never heard it this quiet on idle before, windows open. Will see about fuel mileage next week.

Oil hyundai xteer 5w30 fs 7 liters plus oem oil filter from Lazada, P2650
    Labor, P350, tip sa mechanic P60
    Drain plug washer, P90
    Total P3,150.
    Casa oil changed would have cost P9k plus with shell fs oil.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    A couple of months ago, I noticed many small scratches inside my right headlight assembly. No significant effect on the light beam though. Am using H7 Philips Xtreme Vision bulbs for about 8 years already...Strangely, the left headlight do not have these small scratches....

OT- then just this week, I noticed the same small scratches on the right headlight of our Innova (same vintage as the GS) and again none in left headlight. Also using Philips Xtreme Vision bulbs... But this is H4...

Anyone with similar experience here?
    Last edited by CVT; August 21st, 2020 at 06:55 PM.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    Changed the oil today, from shell helix 5w40 ss to hyundai xteer 5w30 fs. Mas pino engine sound, actually i had to do a double take sa tach kung umaandar nga. Never heard it this quiet on idle before, windows open. Will see about fuel mileage next week.

Oil hyundai xteer 5w30 fs 7 liters plus oem oil filter from Lazada, P2650
    Labor, P350, tip sa mechanic P60
    Drain plug washer, P90
    Total P3,150.
    Casa oil changed would have cost P9k plus with shell fs oil.
    Ilang taon na ba GS mo?
    Okay pa din tlaaga weight 30 na oil kung walang leaks

Sent from my SM-A507FN using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    A couple of months ago, I noticed many small scratches inside my right headlight assembly. No significant effect on the light beam though. Am using H7 Philips Xtreme Vision bulbs for about 8 years already...Strangely, the left headlight do not have these small scratches....

OT- then just this week, I noticed the same small scratches on the right headlight of our Innova (same vintage as the GS) and again none in left headlight. Also using Philips Xtreme Vision bulbs... But this is H4...

not hyundai,
    but in my toyota innova and altis.
    i reckon it's wear and tear of the ageing process.
    aside from the inner surface lesions, my innova's external surface was already showing the beginnings of opaque-ism, causing my beams to snow out.
    i tried the usual clear plastic lens cleaner from the mall auto accessories shop, with some success (outer only, not the inner). but it was short-lived when the opaque lesions returned. lagyan ko daw ng UV protection layer.
    in the end, i just replaced the innova's headlight assemblies. 6.5K for the non-oem pair. they're now clear as when new.
    heh heh.

if those small scratches do not cause your light beams to snow out (spread apart so much, halos wala ka nang visible light beam), you can use them still, until they do.
    the minute cracks won't cause water to go in.
    Last edited by dr. d; August 21st, 2020 at 07:12 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jaggerx3 View Post
    Ilang taon na ba GS mo?
    Okay pa din tlaaga weight 30 na oil kung walang leaks

22 months bossing. Sa casa kasi ss oil lang gamit ko since every 5k and oil change, and they only have 5w40 ss oil. Yung 5w30 nila fs na sobrang mahal. Kaya now na hindi na casa serviced ang gs saka ako mag fs oil.
    Last edited by yebo; August 21st, 2020 at 08:54 PM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

The right side is always bugbog from the road kasi. Parang shocks din yan mas madali tumagas ang right side. Same with bushings mas madali mag wore out ang sa right. Right side is curb side, mas malubak kesa sa middle ng road.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    The right side is always bugbog from the road kasi. Parang shocks din yan mas madali tumagas ang right side. Same with bushings mas madali mag wore out ang sa right. Right side is curb side, mas malubak kesa sa middle ng road.
    Pag kaaway si mrs laging nilalaglag yung right side sa lubak. 🙂

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Pag kaaway si mrs laging nilalaglag yung right side sa lubak. 🙂
    CVT, umamin ka. Kasalanan mo naman pala eh!

10. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    22 months bossing. Sa casa kasi ss oil lang gamit ko since every 5k and oil change, and they only have 5w40 ss oil. Yung 5w30 nila fs na sobrang mahal. Kaya now na hindi na casa serviced ang gs saka ako mag fs oil.
    Bago na pala GS mo sir ayos.

2008 Hyundai Starex (Gen. 4)