New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 795 of 808 FirstFirst ... 695745785791792793794795796797798799805 ... LastLast
Results 7,941 to 7,950 of 8071
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    Ngayon ko lang ipopost pero may 5 months ko na napapansin. Pag start ko ng starex it takes 2x "redondo" (turn - turn - run) before it starts. Today I installed a new dead bolt lock on the garage access door so ginamit ko yung hu ng starex to listen to some music. Syempre medyo malakas (volume at 15) to defeat the street noise. After 2-1/2 hours I finihsed already (steel door kaya natagalan) so I then went to the starex to turn off the hu. I decided to start the engine. Tik-tik-tik-tik-tik. Baterry is drained! I got my portable li-ion jump starter pero it's useless talaga pag too much drained ang battery. Nag-redondo lang minsan then tik-tik-tik ulit. So I installed my battery charger and then went to replace the shower curtain rod in one of the bathrooms, cleaned the bathroom, then came back to the garage. Time elapsed was 1 hour. I started the starex, 1 click start agad siya, as in i turned the key and engine was running. Not like before na 2x na redondo before it runs.

So is my battery already dying? 18 months pa lang siya but this 2x redondo started last december pa. Or is it the charging system not charging the battery enough. Or too short charging time? Most of my trips are less than 1 hour long, most times no more than 15 minutes. Pero even when we went to tagaytay and baguio ganun siya since last december, 2 redondo bago start. Starex was bought november 2018.
    perhaps your battery is in a perpetual state of half-charge or worse, because of the way you use the vehicle, always challenging the electrical system?

perhaps you should charge your battery periodically? some folks may recommend a trickle charger or an automatic-type charger.

some folks believe that the battery will last longer, if it were kept in high charge.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    perhaps your battery is in a perpetual state of half-charge or worse, because of the way you use the vehicle, always challenging the electrical system?

perhaps you should charge your battery periodically? some folks may recommend a trickle charger or an automatic-type charger.

some folks believe that the battery will last longer, if it were kept in high charge.
    Makes sense, kasi 1 click start siya ngayon that I charged the battery using a charger. I'll see how soon the 2x redondo comes back and try charging again.

Magkano trickle charger? But then the wifey might say "Ano na naman ba kinakabit mo dyan?!!"

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Makes sense, kasi 1 click start siya ngayon that I charged the battery using a charger. I'll see how soon the 2x redondo comes back and try charging again.

Magkano trickle charger? But then the wifey might say "Ano na naman ba kinakabit mo dyan?!!"
    basic panther na locally manufactured ang akin, po. it cost me 2K.
    the others here have the automatic, solid-state like ctek brand, etc. i am confident, they will chime in to advise you.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Did a complete cleaning of my GS

- removed matting, shampooed, installed back after drying
    - complete vacuum of carpet. Used masking tape to lift stubborn dirt
    - wiped interior with pledge. Cleaned interior glass with alcohol.
    - removed tires, cleaned. Rotated.
    - with tires off, cleaned brakes. I need new front brake pads!
    - engine wash using my favorite degreaser, Joy!
    - body wash. I did not wax and apply RainX since water still beads on the body and windshield.

I also installed 1 led bulb to replace the busted halogen on the left low beam. I only had 1 spring (from a toilet paper roll holder ). The facelifted GS has a bulb holder for the h7 and the led bulb cannot be plug and play, need the spring between bulb back and cover. Tomorrow i will buy another spring to install the led bulb on the right low beam. Tested, cut off is as good as the halogen bulb
    Last edited by yebo; June 5th, 2020 at 09:01 PM.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Ngayon ko lang ipopost pero may 5 months ko na napapansin. Pag start ko ng starex it takes 2x "redondo" (turn - turn - run) before it starts. Today I installed a new dead bolt lock on the garage access door so ginamit ko yung hu ng starex to listen to some music. Syempre medyo malakas (volume at 15) to defeat the street noise. After 2-1/2 hours I finihsed already (steel door kaya natagalan) so I then went to the starex to turn off the hu. I decided to start the engine. Tik-tik-tik-tik-tik. Baterry is drained! I got my portable li-ion jump starter pero it's useless talaga pag too much drained ang battery. Nag-redondo lang minsan then tik-tik-tik ulit. So I installed my battery charger and then went to replace the shower curtain rod in one of the bathrooms, cleaned the bathroom, then came back to the garage. Time elapsed was 1 hour. I started the starex, 1 click start agad siya, as in i turned the key and engine was running. Not like before na 2x na redondo before it runs.

So is my battery already dying? 18 months pa lang siya but this 2x redondo started last december pa. Or is it the charging system not charging the battery enough. Or too short charging time? Most of my trips are less than 1 hour long, most times no more than 15 minutes. Pero even when we went to tagaytay and baguio ganun siya since last december, 2 redondo bago start. Starex was bought november 2018.
    I know that we have different charging setups and conditions bro, but that happens too on my 9 month old motolite battery....

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Removing the led. Useless at 20 meters or more.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    masyadong kalat?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Probably its the reflector.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Are those generic led bulbs? Try philips ultinon essential led

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Back to osram nightbreakers for now, it is rainy season afterall.

Re leds, may cutoff up to about 10-12 meters and quite good illumination then for some reason the beam fades quite fast.Parang multo. You can see pedestrians tapos pag nasa mga 20+ meters mawawala sila

Must be the reflector.

2008 Hyundai Starex (Gen. 4)