New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    If you can afford the CRDi go CRDi-VGT. The difference you ask? Try to step on that gas pedal and you'll know what I mean... The CRDi-VGT is just a fountain of torque even if you're a big van you could eat Civic's alive with all that torque under your command. Its also quieter than old school diesel too.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Thanks for the info but I am choosing/referring for the diesel engines. Sorry forgot to mention it in the last post... Gas price is increasing now...

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Yeah CRDi and TCI are both diesel engines. The other one is the newer common rail and the TCI is the old diesel engine...

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    thanks sir...

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by orlien View Post
    Mga Sir, I would like to ask for your opinions which is better to buy, the 4th gen GS with TCI or with CRDi engine? These are M/T and 12 seater van. What are the big differences between them? 'Cause the price difference is about 285K between the two. Syang din kase... hehehe

Thanks for you opinions....

I suggest that you test drive your target units and experience the driving difference.... Then reach in your pocket and see if you can afford the price difference......

CRDi-VGT has 175HP max and offers better fuel economy given the same driving style and road condition; TCi has 100HP max....

8505:bat:

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    HI, i have a grx 07, medyo mhirap mag change gear from ist to second gear di pa umiinit? is this normal? tnx

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005

^^^ Should not be the case bro.... Have it checked ASAP.....

8900:painting:

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    sirs,

I'm also planning on getting a Starex, preferably 2002 model up. What year did the CRDI models come out? I've seen some ads for a 2002 CRDI model for sale, with the pre-facelifted look, but I've read from the threads here that the CRDI engines came out in the gen3 facelifted model in 2004? Or was there a CRDI variant already in 2002? Thanks in advance!

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by fabilioh View Post
    sirs,

I'm also planning on getting a Starex, preferably 2002 model up. What year did the CRDI models come out? I've seen some ads for a 2002 CRDI model for sale, with the pre-facelifted look, but I've read from the threads here that the CRDI engines came out in the gen3 facelifted model in 2004? Or was there a CRDI variant already in 2002? Thanks in advance!
    ung crdi po late 2004 lumabas. ung pre face lifted na crdi gray market po pero meronn talaga

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by lui View Post
    ung crdi po late 2004 lumabas. ung pre face lifted na crdi gray market po pero meronn talaga

ah ok, so gray market pala yung nakita ko. any issues sir with gray market models, mas ok ba kumuha ng locally sold models? Thanks!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
1st gen, 2nd gen and 3rd gen Starex. What is difference among the three