New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Hi to you all car gurus,

Newbie lang po ako sa tsikot, I just would like to ask if anyone here knows the model/ part number of my starex's auto tranny because I plan to replace it. My auto tranny got busted (no forward, no reverse) and the mechanic I called upon advised me to replace it. The model found on the tranny nameplate is Aisin Warner 30-43LE,made in Japan but I doubt it is not the stock unit because the starex is Korean made.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    If ever you didn't find one locally, PM me :-)

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Sir Horsepower,

sent you PM

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Japanese talaga iyan. Madaming import parts Starex. Yung CRDi galing Bosch of Germany.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    our 98 tdic starex a/t tranny also suffered 2 episodes of weirdness, it wont shift beyond 2nd gear. luckily it went back to normal, forgot what we did but there wasnt any repair done.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Got your PM, wala po ba talaga locally? kasi iimport ko ito eh, sasabay ko lang sa importation ko ng mga laptops and widescreen LCDs. Wait time will be around 8-10 business days kasi by intercontinental ship po (ang bigat eh).

I can give you surplus or brand new.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Sir horsepower,

We have just conducted a series of testing on the tranny together with the aid of another mechanic and we found out that the ATF line pressure on the tranny is low, He suggested that we dismount the tranny to check for the oil pump condition. Other findings were: ATF condition was still normal (no burnt smell and still reddish in color), No dirt/sludge was present on the oil pan. Will just try to check everything (torque converter, input/output splines etc.) first before I decide to replace the tranny.

Sir Otep,

Thanks po sa info.

Sir blue bimmer,

Baka na reset lng po ung TCU ng tranny ninyo, AFAIK the TCU is responsible for the shifting of gears on the tranny. We have also done resetting the TCU by powering it down (disconnecting the battery cables from the battery for some time then reconnecting it again) but same problem exist.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    I read this thread yesterday, trying to find a solution to the "safe/limp mode" of the A/T tranny of my '99 starex... Then this morning when I woke up, I popped up the hood then removed the inter-cooler to give way or make more working space and see what was under it.

I discovered a 3 wire plastic connector that was disconnected. I sprayed it with WD-40 before re-connecting it. Tested the van and it had power all the way. Everything went back to normal. The A/T shifted up and down quickly as it responded the the accelerator pedal.

I believe that the connector plug was for the TCU (Transmission Control Unit). Come to think of it... Last week I had the engine bay washed at a gas station, the TCU connetor plug must have disconnected after it was hit by the high pressure water wash.

Now all is ok. HTH others too.

1999 starex RV TDIC auto tranny busted.