New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Ang taas naman ng baha, sayang yung kotse. Sana madeclare na lang total loss yun para mapalitan ng bago.

Ganda pa naman ng wheels.
    Last edited by awing; June 12th, 2008 at 05:51 PM.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    If ever the insurance writes it off, they will still need to dispose of the car on their end. So the insurance will likely have the car repaired/restored/spruced up before it can be sold to unwary buyers.

In the US, vehicles like this which are involved in insurance write-offs, totalled, and etc.. will get a "salvage title" annotation in their title of ownership. Unfortunately, things like this does not apply here in the Philippines. I was once surprised to see a former "totalled" vehicle (involved in a vehicular incident) newly resurrected and roaming the roads, good as new.

A salvage title is an automobile title with a notation that the vehicle has been damaged in excess of approximately 75% of its previous market value. This notation gets applied to a title when an insurance company pays a total-loss claim on a vehicle, but then allows the owner to retain or buy back the vehicle at its post-damage market value, which is often negligibly low. Often a vehicle is still safely driveable even if technically considered a total loss by an insurance company, particularly with older vehicles where even minor cosmetic damage would cost more to fix than the vehicle's whole market value.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salvage_title
    Last edited by number001; June 12th, 2008 at 08:05 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Been there, done that... My car had the same fate, but even worse during the Cherry Hills year... Same depth but mine was really muddy water.

If the car was never started after the flood, it'll be fine, just take every interior foam/fabric out, change the foam pads dry every thing...

Take the ECU out dry it well and then clean with contact cleaner, change all oils, change battery, fuses, etc...

The toughest thing would be cleaning the radio and dash electronics, but seriously, just remove the sockets one by one and spray contact cleaner on them.

The damage would really be big if you attempted to start the car's electronics. There will be fuses popping everywhere, and if you do start the car, the engine block could have a big hole due to combustion.

But if you never started the car and just tow it off, clean everything and dry it, it'll run fine...

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Nakaka awa naman yung may ari nyang Civic. Sayang bihis na bihis pa naman. Pangarap ko nga yan eh. Sana wala naman masyadong na damage.

May update na ba sa Civic nya?

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    My heart goes out to the owner

First time I've seen such devastation done on a brand new car.

The photos gave me goosebumps.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ^^Hehehe ako din, I love the Civic FD and it pains me to see it like that.. But more importantly at least the owner is safe.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    question lang doon sa owner, wala bang tao sa bahay nila nung nangyari yung flash flood? kung meron, dapat nilabas na lang yung FD...na-save sana! nakakapang hina nga yung nangyari. sad news.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    phew kung 10k lang ang sabi mga 300k daw, pero good thing buo lahat ng digital panels, ang mga sira lang ung ilaw. rewire lang ata daw ang gagawin. good thing mech eng erpats ko, nalinis kagad ang buong engine at diy ibang parts. un ngalang hindi sure sa mga computer parts dahil wala pa daw un nung panahon nya. hehe, sana maayos rin to. ngayon nag iinterior detail kami.

another thing na hindi pa sure kung buo ay ung micu. sana matapos na to.
    Yan nagpost na yung owner dun sa TeamFD. Seems its not as bad as it seems, thank God!

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005

That is really too bad.... Sa pictures pa lang nanlalata na ako.... Good luck bro on your car's issue.

Yes, I remember, on that date, after office hours, we were supposed to go to my in-laws place in Commonwealth, QC, just after the Tandang Sora flyover and they called us, advising us not to go there anymore because of heavy rains and flooding. It's a good thing we decided not to....

6220:foryou:

10. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    i hope the ECU's on FD have the same protection with the Honda ECU's on the states wherein the ECU or the whole circuit board is protected with clear epoxy, it seemed like the ECU was dipped on the epoxy and they dried it off. so, even if you dipped it in the water then turn the engine on, it would still turn on..

anyway, good luck to the owner of the submerged civic fd, a single problem has a lot of solutions. God bless!..

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Yesterday's (June 11, 2008) flash flood casualty...