New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Honda will be releasing their 4th gen CRV in one year, by your past experience does honda lower their prices when a newer gen car is released? Like in 2006/2007 when the 3rd gen CRV was released did the 2nd gen CRV prices in dealers go down or had like a promo and stuff?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    in one word... yes.

by how much? unknown, depende sa performance ng new model vs the latter. like 1st gen crv dropped in resale by only a few thousands since better looking and performing pa rin yung 1st gen than 2nd gen.

then 2nd gen dropped its resale value more yung lumabas yung bago ngayon. almost magkalapilt market value ng 1st and 2nd gen.

an 02-05 crv would sell around 400k-450k, 06 lang medyo mataas * 5++k
    00-01 crv would sell 360k-4++k

personally, i still prefer the 1st gen crv.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by archie123456789 View Post
    in one word... yes.

by how much? unknown, depende sa performance ng new model vs the latter. like 1st gen crv dropped in resale by only a few thousands since better looking and performing pa rin yung 1st gen than 2nd gen.

then 2nd gen dropped its resale value more yung lumabas yung bago ngayon. almost magkalapilt market value ng 1st and 2nd gen.

an 02-05 crv would sell around 400k-450k, 06 lang medyo mataas * 5++k
    00-01 crv would sell 360k-4++k

personally, i still prefer the 1st gen crv.
    thanks for the reply. thats resale right? how about sa mga honda dealers will the price go down with brand new lower generation cars?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    o crap i missed the part when you said dealer.

anyway, yes, out going models have the trend of having discounts. i dont know if this is applicable to todays market but when we got my civic back in 2000, it had a large discount because the es body is set to come out. they were just disposing the last few units of the ek.

i believe this also holds true with the crv of today. timing is key and a little inside info would also help.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by archie123456789 View Post
    o crap i missed the part when you said dealer.

anyway, yes, out going models have the trend of having discounts. i dont know if this is applicable to todays market but when we got my civic back in 2000, it had a large discount because the es body is set to come out. they were just disposing the last few units of the ek.

i believe this also holds true with the crv of today. timing is key and a little inside info would also help.
    Thanks!

Will the prices of 3rd gen CRV go down when the next gen CRV gets released?