New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ReggieMar View Post
    Newbie question, paano po malalaman na may chip yung car key mo? I recently bought a Grand Starex TCI but yung keys looks regular lang no fancy button or anything. thank you
    If you could pry-open cleany the key holder, there should be a ferromagnetic black torroid or cylinder glued inside, it acts as an antennae that absorbs the same wavelength of the transmitter near the ignition-key cylinder. Simple way to verify is by turning on the ignition using a duplicated key or the bare metal blade(removing the key holder), if motor starts then you don't have an immobilizer.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Since tinago ko yung duplicate key ng vios ko, sobra galing ko magtago di ko na makita.

So nagpa duplicate ako sa mall atc. Didn't know you can have a duplicate with remote na rin. ₱2k for duplicate with remote, ₱200 without remote. I guess they can duplicate since my vios doesn't have immobilizer?
    Last edited by BratPAQ; February 28th, 2023 at 02:00 PM.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2021
    ^^^
    Without a chip, the process of duplicating a car key is the same as any metal key.

Para sa akin, since spare lang naman, don't have the remote duplicated na, and if you can wait for them while doing it hintayin mo na.

Pero pag natanong:

-saan ka naka park;
    -dala mo ba yung OR/CR;
    -ano yung plate no; or
    -saan ka nakatira, etc...

Paduplicate ka sa ibang lugar

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234