New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    im planning on buying my first car, i was offered a 97 and a 99 civic. both VTi. since there is not much difference between the prices... i want to know the difference aside from the year.. i would also want to know the models of the cars that has a vtec-e engines.

thanks in advance and more power.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    im planning to buy my first car, i already made up my mind that its going to be a civic. i was offered a 97 and a 99 civic vti. since the price difference is not that much i was wondering what is the difference between the two. except the manufacturing year. difference on engine type? fuel consumption? etc...

i am also curious about the civics that has a VTi-e engine. what models are these?

thanks in advance.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    apart fom the cosmetic changes sa exterior, no differences that i can see.

maybe sa ECU. pero both models use the same engine. even the carpets are the same (yung iba yata yung sa 99-00 RS).

mag 99 ka na para pwede mo pinturahan na passion orange gaya ng SiR.

vti-e sa 01-05 models yun. totally different engine.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    hi there, nothings change between 97 and 99 civic vti engine, puro interior and exteriors only. bumper, tail light, central locking control from driver side for d 99 production. the 99 vti is almost s.i.r look sa body. so u better go sa newer model.

whats the difference between civic 97 and 99? both VTi