New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Like any other sub 2-liter engine in Honda's lineup, you will change 3.5 liters every 5,000 kilometers. Transmission oil change requires about 2 liters, give or take a few milliliters. The idle air control motor is something you should watch out for, as it will take along your ECU with it if it fails. Try to avoid the cheap replacement air filters and stick to the OE Honda filter or a good aftermarket filter like K&N.

Underchassis components to watch out for are tie rods, rack ends, shock mounts, stabilizer links and trailing arm bushings which, when worn out, can give the car a rattly, noisy and disappointing driving experience.

Sharing practically almost every underchassis component with the VTi and LXi virtually guarantees an abundant supply of inexpensive replacement parts available almost anywhere.

A note about the shocks and springs - while you normally won't have to change the springs, both the shocks require special mention because they are not identical to ones found in the VTi and LXi. The springs that come in the SiR sit the car lower by 0.5 inches and have a higher spring rate, while the shocks or dampers are set to match the sporting nature of the car. Not an issue until the time for replacement comes and you mistakenly fir dampers that aren't rated for it, resulting in a shorter life and poor ride quality and vehicle control.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by voltscastillo View Post
    as long as stock, at never raced (driven normally), maganda ang SiR.

pag on mo ng makina dapat tahimik at pino ang takbo... tapos malamig ang aircon at yung tubig sa coolant reservoir kulay green (or red). dapat wala din syang burloloy sa makina na kung anu-ano. lastly, dapat stock mags at hindi lowered.

kaw na dapat magpagawa ng set-up nyan... the SiR should talk to you when you inspect it... it should say sa mind mo... "buy me, Master." parang Excalibur, hehehe.

seriously, kuha ka ng sariwa (goodluck nga pala jan). pag naka chamba ka ng sabog ang makina kaka-karera ang overhaul nyan 100K. surplus engine 100K din. kaya importante pumili ng maayos.

i suggest you get a 1.6 VTEC regular civic na lang. wala naman sa kotse yan, nasa driver. or get a 2004 civic 2.0... konti na lang dipirensya sa presyo nitong dalawa ngayon (+ or - 80K) e di dun ka na sa mas bago. lakas din naman yung civic 2.0, k20 makina nito.
    Honda Civic VTI-S 2.0 engine is DOHC- iVTEC, 16V, same engine as the 2nd generation CR-V. Power is around 155HP comes with 4 speed A/T.

3. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by nickriingen View Post
    Honda Civic VTI-S 2.0 engine is DOHC- iVTEC, 16V, same engine as the 2nd generation CR-V. Power is around 155HP comes with 4 speed A/T.
    anyways. what is the fuel consumption of k20 since it comes with 2.0 liters
    all I knew vti-s comes with a 1.8 hehe

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ingat din as maraming nagbebenta ng stock kuno but in truth, binalik to stock lang. Also take a close look for misaligned and replaced panels to see if its been in accident before.

Back in its heyday, i remember having friends who taught that the SiR was the best and only car in the world.

I also have an uncle who owns a bone-stock white 2000 SiR. Its been his daily driver to work in Makati since he got it brand new. Very nice and is becoming a classic already in my books.
    Last edited by vinj; August 27th, 2010 at 12:58 PM.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Problema sa SiR ay mahirap humanap ...

... ng true all-stock condition in a reasonable price (well, overpriced talaga sila).

Unless you learn how to deal with VTEC Honda's lack of low-end torque [SIZE=1](Nissan and Toyota has lots of it)[/SIZE], you can't get optimum fuel efficiency in city drives. But it's a different story when you visit the mid-high rpm VTEC range.

Wait a minute, SiR nga pala pinag-uusapan natin dito...

6. Join Date
    May 2009
    problem with sich

too much power under your hood but honda forgot to install airbags and abs

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Problems usually electrical na lalo kapag yung previous owner nag install ng mga alarm, HID, other lights etc.

Yung EK namin alarm pa lang saka busina minsan nagloloko na yung electrical.

Old car = old car problems.

Kung well maintained naman you shouldn't expect much problems from the engine etc.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    For me, the real problem with the SiR was its stock tires. Stonking engine, great chassis, but Honda chose to equip the car with Yokohama's infamous S306s. Bad move. The car deserved much better rubber - rather, no car deserves to be shod with S306s.

Mda is right. Whatever afflicts EK Civics will most likely afflict the SiR as it's an EK4.

Some people have already mentioned the suspension components bespoke to an SiR - watch out for that. A little research will avoid headaches, as parts shouldn't be hard to find; it's just a matter of knowing which parts to get.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Almost old cars have their defects. That's normal. Parang tao lang din naman ang auto...

Would love to swap my eg hatch to an SiR. Kaso di ko kaya mag-add ng 100k+.... Practicality comes to my mind when comparing the two...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
what are the problems abt SiRs