New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    I recently had DLAA fog lights installed for my 2006 Honda Civic and had the bulbs replaced with HIDs. And just today after I parked, I noticed there's condensation inside the right fog light. I'm not sure how long the condensation was there.

I understand the obvious physics that when cool air touches a warm or hot surface, condensation forms etc etc. But interestingly enough, I haven't used any of my lights today causing the lenses to be warmer and it hasn't rained in the past few days. Coincidentally though, I noticed the minor moisture buildup when I arrived home after getting my car washed. Might there perhaps be something wrong with the seals? It baffles me that there's already something wrong when it's barely 3 months old. Or it might just be a factory defect? *shrugs*. What do you guys think? To what extent can condensation be considered normal? Or should I have it checked asap?

I'll probably update after a few hours to see if it disappears. If not, I'll just crawl into a corner and weep haha joke.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    My guesses:
    1. Presence of moisture during install or original manufacture.
    2. Seal has already worn due to old stock (check date of manufacture, that thing must be a few years old).
    3. May not have been sealed in the first place.

In all three scenarios, looks like you'll need to do a reseal of some sort.

For all our vehicles, there has never been any condensation inside the headlamps/foglamps.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    My guesses:
    1. Presence of moisture during install or original manufacture.
    2. Seal has already worn due to old stock (check date of manufacture, that thing must be a few years old).
    3. May not have been sealed in the first place.

In all three scenarios, looks like you'll need to do a reseal of some sort.

For all our vehicles, there has never been any condensation inside the headlamps/foglamps.
    Thanks for the advice! If that's the case, I'll get the fog lights checked then. It was peculiar that only the right one had condensation. For the resealing, what seals are available? Are there commercially available o-ring type seals? Or do I have to have it resealed with some sort of silicone solution?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Valharth1031 View Post
    Thanks for the advice! If that's the case, I'll get the fog lights checked then. It was peculiar that only the right one had condensation. For the resealing, what seals are available? Are there commercially available o-ring type seals? Or do I have to have it resealed with some sort of silicone solution?
    Not sure about the actual resealing process/what stuff are needed as I have never encountered this problem before. Maybe some of the other forumers can help out. If the shop where you got it from is close by, you might as well have it checked.

Even if the shop say it's 'normal', there has to be a remedy for it..

5. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    DIY

baklasin mo ung foglamps tapos bili ng silicon gasket.saka mo lagyan ung part kung saan may rubber gasket para lumapat mabuti at ma seal ung mga portion na umangat,pati ung butas na sinuutan ng wire may lagyan mo nadin para sure.

pag pinabayaan mo yan mababakbak ung pinaka chrome ng foglamps mo..

What other circumstances causes fog light condensation?