New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    00 models and later feature the upgraded b20z engine. +20 hp, from the shorter intake design.

99 models and earlier have the older b20 engine.

with the exception of some Subic import models, all 1st generation Vs have 4wd.

i would get an automatic, the m/t is a pain to drive. look out for cooling system problems and suspension troubles. both are expensive to fix. also for leaks in the power steering system. check also for excessively noisy engines and cams.

if its got a new, non original radiator, i would think twice before buying it.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by tatzkiboy View Post
    What Gen would be the most fuel efficient (though i know that fuel economy is a lost cause among suvs)

Just want to know whats the real score among the 1st and 2nd gen CRVs...

What models would be the most fuel efficient in your opinion....

99 - 01 would seem to be my best option

Thanks...

Oh i have a newbie question na medyo OT

i want to buy a second hand car direct from the owner. but im going to have it bank financed.

Paano yun? Will the bank just give me the cash and ill give it to the first owner tapos bigay ko sa bank yung OR/CR nung CAr?

Yung iba kasi alam ko dealer na naghahandle, but what if 1st owner na private citizen ang kausap. will the bank send a kind of liaison?

(sorry, i know that this should be directed to another forum, but nobody's answering my ?s there)

Again

Super thanks!!!
    Most probably may appraiser/agent from the bank na sasama sa iyo para suriin ang car na bibilhin mo dahil sa kanila mapupunta ang kotse siyempre kung hindi mo man ito mabayaran..

talaga bang CRV na ang trip mo? why not try Nissan's Xtrail?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
What CRV model can i get for 400k??