New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    side effect is mas matakaw sa gas .......... ang normal operating temp dapat kulang 1/2 sa gauge, kailan kaba nag pa overhaul ng radiator....baka kasi barado na naman

2. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    may nabasa ako dito sir about defective temperature sending unit...baka yun ang dapat mong ipa-check first...

3. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    i have the same problem too. my 1999 civic vti over heated i ended up replacing the thermostat switch because the fan wouldnt turn on. make sure to check the fan motor and the water pump. now my civic overheated again and i replaced the thermostat switch again this is the 2nd time in 2 years. your car will only over heat when idle because when running the air cools it already.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    thanks for your replies. Yes I already have my radiator overhauled. i was thinking a bad thermo switch. I just replaced my radiator fan motor and overhauled my radiator. My thermostat was already removed. What should be the problem? Any idea?

5. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    pakiramdaman mo sir kung after driving a few hours na bigla nag 3/4 temp mo.. touch mo kung sobra init makina mo might al well totoo nag ooverheat ka na nga.. pag hindi ganun kainit baka yun temo gauge mo busted or wiring of yun themoswitch, or hindi maganda pagka overhaul ng radiator mo. happened to me..ended buying a new rad

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by milesaldrich View Post
    just an update to my problem. I drain my radiator and add a coolant and again I traveled for atleast 5 hours. Same thing happened when I was merged in the traffic with heavy acceleration. I parked the car after my temp goes up to 75% of the gauge. I opened the cap after cooled off and add some water. I tried to "rekta" my radiator fan and run again for 3 hours. My temp gauge goes less than 1/4 of my gauge, meaning my engine that time was very cool. Sounds crazy. What do u think guys? what should be the problem. Is there any side effects of a very cool engine. I worried with that kinda temp "less than 1/4 of my gauge". Please help.
    sounds like a defective temp sending unit. I don't think it's a true reading after driving for 3 hours.
    Without a thermostat, you could experience longer warm up times than normal, but definitely not 3 hours.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
weird overheating civiic vti 2002