New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2009
    Im planning to swap my Honda vti 97 manual to Nissan Cefiro 97 matic. Punta ako abroad wait ko lng visa ko and si misis gagamet, nahhirapan sya magdrive ng manual and yung friend nya nagoffer ng swap Nissan cefiro matic 97 model and add pa ng 10k.. What do u think? Ok ba Cefiro? yung fuel consumption,engine,suspension and speed? i have no idea abt. Cefiro?
    Last edited by balugz24; July 13th, 2009 at 12:40 PM. Reason: incomplete details

2. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    wala ba sira yung cefiro? is the paint still fresh looking? how's the interior? mabango at malinis ba? hindi naman sya naka-lowered or naka bayo-bayo soundz setup?

the last question should give you a hint on whether the cefiro had led a hard life, or a reasonably good, carefully maintained life.

if you are swapping to a 4 cylinder cefiro, good deal pa din, if you consider the questions above.

if its a 6 cylinder v6 cefiro (may v6 na ba nung 97? i forget, pacencia na), oks na din. be prepared for toyota revo gas consunmption though. it's got higher gas consumption but not as high as most everybody think. parang naka 1.8 sport runner... high, but the mass it moves, well...

cefiros... fantastic cars, excellent ride quality. wag lang yung mga laspag at hot pink na body color... baho sa loob mga yun.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    [quote=balugz24;1275889]Im planning to swap my Honda vti 97 manual to Nissan Cefiro 97 matic. Punta ako abroad wait ko lng visa ko and si misis gagamet, nahhirapan sya magdrive ng manual and yung friend nya nagoffer ng swap Nissan cefiro matic 97 model and add pa ng 10k.. What do u think? Ok ba Cefiro? yung fuel consumption,engine,suspension and speed? i have no idea abt. Cefiro?[/quote
    Check the condition of the engine of cefiro first mostly engine leak . second automatic transmission on the atf fluid sign of burned smell.
    suspension is good on most cefiro but fuel consumption is more higher than your honda vti.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Its a double edged thing. The Cefiro is a very good car but if you get one that has not been cared for properly (no regular change oils, nag overheat, used low-octane fuel) then it may be a headache in the long run... otherwise, kung maalaga yung owner then good. Pay attention for any leaks in the engine, "tope" when accelerating (do this with the windows down) and any engine clatter especially during cold starts.

The suspension is very straightforward to repair and there are aftermarket alternatives available.

5. Join Date
    May 2009
    tnx guys pero di ko pa sya nakkita,pero well maintain nman daw yun cefiro..Abt.sa value ng cefiro madali ba sya magdepreciate ng market value,bka mahirapan ako ibenta pagbalik ko next year..About sa gas, matipid ba or parang accord din ang consume ng gas...
    Last edited by balugz24; July 13th, 2009 at 02:07 PM. Reason: incomplete details

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    [SIZE="4"]REMINDER: do not post in SMS/TXT format when posting messages.[/SIZE]

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Since it would be your wife to be driving the 12 year old car, I would rather get a smaller car than a CEFIRO. Why? The parts of the Cefiro as compared to cars like Corolla and Civic of the same year will cost twice more. Fuel consumption will be another thing because the Cefiro is a big car. Unless you can drive it extremely smooth, expect much bigger fuel bills. And even then since it's an automatic, it will be using more fuel than your Civic.

One more issue is your wife might not find driving and parking such a large car an easy task. Repairing any dents and minor accidents (during parking) will be a headache as well.

I suggest you trade in your 96' Civic M/T for a Corolla A/T or Civic A/T or Sentra A/T of the less "vintage". Since it's smaller and lighter, it will consume less fuel than the Cefiro, easier to drive and easier to park. Also any repairs will be cheaper as well (part for part price comparison).

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Resale value of the Cefiro SUCKS! Don't get me wrong, I like the Cefiro. It's just that when you get a Cefiro, you should be after riding comfort, power and luxury and not resale value. In terms of fuel consumption, it's comparable to any 2.0L vehicle of its era -- Accord/Galant/Corona.

As ghosthunter posted, would size be an issue? A late 90s Corolla/Civic/Sentra/Lancer A/T variants may just be appropriate for your wife to drive.... lalo na with the crazy traffic conditions in the Metro.