New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    magandang araw!
    I tried to back read the posts pero wala akong nakitang same problem. Please let me know if there is.

My dad is actually the one who drives this, nakwento lang sakin na hindi daw nag wwork ung reverse. Mahina din hatak sa D3. I haven't checked the ATF yet, nasa province ung car. I'm planning to check pag uwi ko.What are the signs that I should consider before changing the tranny?

Thank you =)

2. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    could be just a solenoid and the low power is coincidental with other things, like a dirty air filter or natutuyot na a/t fluid.

before you leave manila, buy some honda atf (atf-z1), maybe 4 liters. when you get home, change out the fluid and see if it helps. madalas kasi ung ibang honda a/t owners they use atf na galing sa gas stations like petron.. aandar for a while, pero masisira na din, hindi kasi compatible ang fluid nila sa a/t ng honda for some strange reason. and yes, i've owned a 96 model Lxi na nasira ang tranny dahil dito. sakin nga gumagaralgal pa on d3.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Thank you sir volts. Hopefully the atf-z1 would do the trick. Nakakatuwa ung dad ko, he had to push the car out of the garage everyday because of the broken reverse hehe

VTI 98, A/T -reverse not working