New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by voltscastillo View Post
    1. 1.5 drop is ok
    2. 15 is ok. i have 16s on my 99, ok din naman. mahal lng ng quality new tyres.
    3. high tension wires... yung stock wires ok naman. fatter wires, more resistance.
    4. plain bkr5 or bkr6e is reliable and cheap. you won't need those fancy splitfires if you're not running high boost from turbo. won't make your car go any faster, so i suggest stick to the plain plugs.
    5. racing filters... ok din naman. my experience, parang iba ang sound. over long distances ang sakit sa ulo (for me at least).
    6. strut bar, sa engine bay? ok.
    7. headers/exhaust... don't buy too large diameters else you will lose bottom end power (torque).

simple i/h/e konti lang naman gains nyan (not like GT1, headers lang kita mo na yung results). i suggest you hit the honda club of the phils forum tech area for some tips on how to build a quality all-motor ph16.
    Thanks bro!!!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by richiegonzo View Post
    can you please explain further yung 20 lobe d15 head? magkano po kaya ito? turbo is very expensive eh, nasa 100k ata!!!!
    the 20 lobe vtec has 2 cam profile, same as b16. it has high and low lift valve setting. stock d15b produces 130bhp compared to ph16 127bhp.

you can install a basic turbo kit for 60k. this mod will easily give you 30 - 50 whp compared to a 20k i/h/e set-up giving you 10bhp or around 7whp. also, turbo can be set to achieve higher hp.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
VTEC Question