New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Just advance it until you get tope then adjust it back one or two degrees. If you want more advance, you will need to use gasoline with higher octane rating.

You can also check the fuel injector cycle, it might already be maxed out resulting in a leaner air-fuel mix resulting in "tope" at max or near max throttle. If that is the case, you can upgrade to higher flow injectors or increase the fuel pressure (adjustable fuel pressure regulators).
    thank you sir gh, ngayon ko lang nabasa yung reply mo. nagpagas na ako ng xcs full tank, siguro try ko naman petron blaze para mas mataas na octane rating, sa ngayon kasi tumotope pa rin sa 4th and 5th gear pagtodo apak. pagbinaba ko yung advance timing ang hina sobra ng hatak pero walang tope. di ko makuha na yung tamang timing simula nung nagpalit ako ng timing belt. dati ok naman yung takbo nito oto ko, kaya 160kph sa sctex.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dahve View Post
    thank you sir gh, ngayon ko lang nabasa yung reply mo. nagpagas na ako ng xcs full tank, siguro try ko naman petron blaze para mas mataas na octane rating, sa ngayon kasi tumotope pa rin sa 4th and 5th gear pagtodo apak. pagbinaba ko yung advance timing ang hina sobra ng hatak pero walang tope. di ko makuha na yung tamang timing simula nung nagpalit ako ng timing belt. dati ok naman yung takbo nito oto ko, kaya 160kph sa sctex.

160kph is still slow for a D15.

Anyway, did you check the setting of the cam when the new belt was fitted? It might have shifted a little, resulting in your current problem. Anyway, you can try the change in fuel first.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    worth it ba ang headers?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by je.tansengco View Post
    worth it ba ang headers?
    Complete exhaust setup is worth it. The whole thing works as a system.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    haha. 17,500 na agad ung headers... mufflers in the 5 digit range too. ouch. thanks. hehe. may tailpipe pa and stuff. haay.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    haha. 17,500 na agad ung headers... mufflers in the 5 digit range too. ouch. thanks. hehe. may tailpipe pa and stuff. haay.
    Well, you can opt for an exhaust system from a muffler shop, it would cost you under P15K for the piping, headers & muffler but no guarantees it will gain you as much power if any.

BTW, P17.5K for headers is kinda steep unless you are getting an imported set. You can get local copies which would be cheaper.

Custom full stainless mufflers with a simple stainless rolled-lip tail-pipe are P8,000 price range last time I had one made for me (about under 3 years ago).

7. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    most of my price quotations are based on speedlab prices. since i'm after the power gains and not the race engine sounds, do you think its worth it to get the 17,500 headers?

also, did you get your mufflers from mufflerland? what store were you able to get your exhaust system done and, did it have any noticeable power gains? thanks sir ghostlab.=)

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    most of my price quotations are based on speedlab prices. since i'm after the power gains and not the race engine sounds, do you think its worth it to get the 17,500 headers?

also, did you get your mufflers from mufflerland? what store were you able to get your exhaust system done and, did it have any noticeable power gains? thanks sir ghostlab.=)
    Hmmm... "ghostlab" ... that's a new one.

Anyway, for my exhaust works outside Speedlab, I go to FREMUFF. It's located along J.Abad Santos St. in San Juan City. Power gains with them is old school hit&miss. So unless you know what you want made, it would be a trial and error process and it can get expensive.

SPEEDLAB offers a tested product that have dyno verifiable gains. It is purely up to you if you find it worth your money. Personally, I find it a little "pricey".
    Last edited by ghosthunter; January 24th, 2011 at 12:44 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    sir, if my car is peaking at 100km/hr and it is an automatic, ano kaya problem ng car? d15b ung engine, i know na hindi siya ganoon ka lakas na engine, pero ganoon ba talaga top speed nun? or baka may sira sa ECU and kailangan pa rechip? thanks.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    What is the original engine of your car? What is your Civic's body model ? (or year model?

100kph is still too low to be the max speed for a 1.5L engine even with an A/T. Max speed should be around 160 to 180kph.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Upgrades to the D15b SOHC engine?