New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by je.tansengco View Post
    if my car is peaking at 100km/hr and it is an automatic, ano kaya problem ng car? d15b ung engine ...
    Maybe it's because of the automatic transmission.

Is that the one with VTEC and CVT Japan version?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Ask ko lang kung ano recommendation niyo for N/A D15 single vtec for a full exhaust that has headers on low,mid at dulo (if may headers na ganun)?

Magkano aabutin? Gusto ko po ung tahimik lang na tunog na muffler with some bassy sound.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    I think it's worthy to bring this thread back to life.

Ngayon ko lang ulit nabasa yung mga replies ni GH. Very timely since I'm re-discovering my D15B the second time around.

Need to keep at pace at 160+ kph with a Toyota 3S-GE (gen 3 on a Corolla Levin AE101 GT-Apex) and Mazda ZL-DE (on a Lynx GSi) at sprint speeds. As these engines have DOHC and displacements higher than mine, I take mine as the handicap, but still I'm damn having a hard time dealing with that Celica engine in particular.

Currently, the only engine mods I have are very minimal: just adjustable cam gears (set to +6, too advanced eh?) and a "chambered scav". The intake, fuel delivery, cylinder head and block and exhaust manifold are all stock.

I'm thinking of downsizing the 2" inlet scav to a 1.75" Sankei free-flow muffler (tried it before and it did 160+ easily on Slex) at the expense of annoying cabin noise.

Is the chambered scav pushing back too much high rpm power? My cam gear too advanced? Need to reset tappets?

I feel like my previous D15B two years ago is faster than the one I have right now (both on EG sedans).
    Last edited by isa1023; June 13th, 2012 at 08:58 PM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Upgrades to the D15b SOHC engine?