New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    your question here was very similar to mine years ago. "is i worth it?"

while all tsikoteers tell me not worth it. but my bro proceeded with it.

converted a/t to m/t po ang Pajero namin. tranny lang ang pinalit, no more than that. very significant ang fuel saved. it was worth it because the m/t was cheap surplus and the labor was cheap too.

I have no idea, kung salpak rin ba ang vti. and how will the computer react to the convertion and I think the vti tranny is expensive. unlike Pajero na maraming surplus, kahit galing pa sa Galoper.

the first thing you will notice after the convertion is, the RPM idle increases even you did not touch anything.

I don't think you will find much people converting m/t to a/t.
    Last edited by rion; June 24th, 2008 at 12:23 PM.

kasi not computer controlled makina ng paj, e vti may ecu, magkaka prob ka sa engine computer box...

pwede mo retain yung box, pero retain mo din yung tranny sensors

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rion View Post

converted a/t to m/t po ang Pajero namin. tranny lang ang pinalit, no more than that. very significant ang fuel saved. it was worth it because the m/t was cheap surplus and the labor was cheap too.

I have no idea, kung salpak rin ba ang vti. and how will the computer react to the convertion and I think the vti tranny is expensive. unlike Pajero na maraming surplus, kahit galing pa sa Galoper.

the first thing you will notice after the convertion is, the RPM idle increases even you did not touch anything.

ui maganda toh ah was your paj a gen 2 or the box type? how much po lahat-lahat?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Gen 2 Japan surplus. I can't remember exactly how much the tranny was. I think 15k more or less.

nakalimutan ko, Tranny at Flywheel pala. tapos clutch pedal and a stick. no need to change differential.

as for the computer issues, the only thing that it had was the EGR control. somehow, the EGR is always at full run. making the engine choked with exhaust air back in the engine. which was solved by disabling it. even stoping the vacuum hose to the egr already fixed it.
    Last edited by rion; June 25th, 2008 at 03:29 PM.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Gen 2 Japan surplus. I can't remember exactly how much the tranny was. I think 15k more or less.

nakalimutan ko, Tranny at Flywheel pala. tapos clutch pedal and a stick. no need to change differential.

as for the computer issues, the only thing that it had was the EGR control. somehow, the EGR is always at full run. making the engine choked with exhaust air back in the engine. which was solved by disabling it. even stoping the vacuum hose to the egr already fixed it.
    wow! kala ko 100k ang gastos hehe same pala yan samin gen2 jap

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    btw, for 4d56 tranny lang yung info ko ha. 4m40 has different tranny system. try mo dra canvass Osmeña mackens bro. though I hear they only have few stocks.

7. Join Date
    May 2009
    buhayin ko lng uli ito ha mga boss. may question lang kasi ako.

boss rion, makina ko e 4d56t auto tranny aisin 03-72L. gusto ko rin kasi iconvert to manual. magkano inabot sa parts and labor? ang isa pang problema ko is nasa steering column ung gearshift lever. kung papalitan ng manual e bubutasan ung gitna sa flooring. how about the propeller shaft?same length din ba ung pinalit na manual sa automatic tranny nya?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Transmission Conversion