New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by vinz0r View Post
    Thank you guys for the replies.

Hindi naman tulin ang habol ko, more on fuel efficient pang porma car lang. Jazz 1.3 M/T sana but can't afford na nasa 500-600 ang price range ng second hand.

I've been searching ads sa sulit. Paano ko malalaman kung hindi flooded ang sasakyan? Ano ang mga kailangang tingnan?
    Hinde din naman fuel efficient ang FD. I get ~8km/L pure city driving. 1.8 MT

Kung gusto mo fuel efficient, Type Z City ka

2. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by vinz0r View Post

I've been searching ads sa sulit. Paano ko malalaman kung hindi flooded ang sasakyan? Ano ang mga kailangang tingnan?
    I read it here in tsikot somewhere.. something you might wanna try :D

Ask the seller if you can make an addendum to the deed of sale that if you can prove that the car is flooded after purchase. Your money should be returned..
    See how the seller reacts :D
    Last edited by xninjax; March 24th, 2013 at 02:23 PM.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    This will be TS first car, so something that will retain its value is the better proposition. In the event that he will upgrade at least he will have something of value.
    In a couple of years the FDs will be priced cheaper than the SIR.

OT. Went to Japan last Christmas, saw a group of EKs hanging out with a couple of R35s having a good time. Looks like dito lang sa atin may aversion to old cars.
    And the way they mod their cars mukhang kaya naman nila bumili ng bago.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    SiRs are not really worth that much. An SiR in decent condition should be worth around 250-300k. A lot are being advertised for 350k or more, but you've got to be smoking something to actually pay that much for a fifteen year old car that's slower than a 2.0 FD.

You'll get some of that money back... MAYBE... if you can sell it on to another sucker... errh... enthusiast... willing to pay through the nose for one. And in the meantime, you'll have to spend a lot in maintenance to keep it in pristine condition. If the car was abused, good luck getting a surplus replacement motor for less than 60k.

An SiR is basically a 200k peso car with 60k worth of motor in it, which is how you should price it. Don't pay too much. Don't pay for add-on borloloi like ten year old carbon fiber hoods that are six months away from delaminating completely, or "JASMA" mufflers that are 90% rust and 10% muffler.

Much as I hate the rust issues on those cars, I'd rather get an EG hatch with a B16 swap. Better handling, lighter, faster, hella cheaper.

If you really want to spend 350k bucks, an FD Civic 1.8 is, again, nearly as fast, safer, more comfortable and all-around better. Or if you're willing to spend 400k, you can get a 2.0 MT Civic that is faster, safer, more comfortable and all-around better... being a 350k car with a 120k motor in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetlucious View Post
    Looks like dito lang sa atin may aversion to old cars.
    It's not an aversion. It's just the simple problem of the SiR being overpriced. Secondhand Hondas in general are overpriced, actually. The asking for secondhand City Type Z's is still around 100k too high given what's underneath the skin of those cars.

And classic cars in Japan would naturally have to be owned by enthusiasts with a bit of money, because registration and inspection costs for old cars is horrendously expensive.

I've driven the SiR a few times. It's a good car... the Civic of that era drives nicely... but again, overpriced for what you get. Same as with 90's Miatas.
    Last edited by niky; March 24th, 2013 at 03:20 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    So mukhang sa FD tayo matutuloy in terms of safety features and riding comfort. I actually bookmarked 5 FD ads and 1 SiR ads sa sulit.

Mahirap na talaga maghanap ng stock na SiR. Mahirap din maghanap ng FD lalo na ang color white.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Madami dami na rin 2.0S MT Civics sa sulit. Yun pagpilian mo.

Sent from my 3210 using Tapatalk HD Premium

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12