New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    i bought recently a 97 honda city A/T for my wife and daighter to practice driving with kasi we are moving to canada wherein most cars (if not all) are AT. nagtataka lang ako kasi tuwing me makapansin na AT yung nabili kong car, napapailing sila at bakit daw AT binili ko. di naman masabi kung bakit?personally i dont see any defect naman with the car. in fact ang gamit kong lexus sa US AT rin and all the rest of the cars. nag-convoy kami ng misis ko pauwi ng vizacaya, me driving our MT fortuner at misis ko naman sa honda city AT, wala naman naging problema. 13km/li naging consumption ng honda. so why do most motorists in the phils. hate AT cars?

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by lancer5790 View Post
    i bought recently a 97 honda city A/T for my wife and daighter to practice driving with kasi we are moving to canada wherein most cars (if not all) are AT. nagtataka lang ako kasi tuwing me makapansin na AT yung nabili kong car, napapailing sila at bakit daw AT binili ko. di naman masabi kung bakit?personally i dont see any defect naman with the car. in fact ang gamit kong lexus sa US AT rin and all the rest of the cars. nag-convoy kami ng misis ko pauwi ng vizacaya, me driving our MT fortuner at misis ko naman sa honda city AT, wala naman naging problema. 13km/li naging consumption ng honda. so why do most motorists in the phils. hate AT cars?
    there's nothing wrong with your AT car... yung mga napapailing ang may problema!
    it's just a matter of choice... ok lang basta well maintain naman ang nabili mong 2nd hand AT car

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    cguro kaya sila napapailing is mas expensive ayusin/palitan ang A/T pag nasira.. ? ewan ko rin. hehe I have an AT car and planning to buy an AT SUV in the near future.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    the people who disapprove of your purchase of an a/t vehicle also think that the 1976 era mitsubishi saturn engine is the best engine ever made, FOREVER AND EVER.

pay them no mind. a/t is the future.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    why MT when you can enjoy AT?

its really a personal choice.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    siguro nga dahil late 90's pa yung car tapos A/T.

as we all know, A/T ang lamang lang naman niya ay driving comfort but aside from that like maintenance wise, mahal at mas delicate.

a manual transmission kahit hindi mo palitan nang gear oil for almost 70k km (basta tama ang level at hindi nabaha) hindi delikado compared sa matics na kailangan alaga ang ATF.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by lancer5790 View Post
    .... so why do most motorists in the phils. hate AT cars?

The concern is probably with the age of the car. The older the car with A/T tranny, the bigger the chance that you will get stuck with an expensive repair bill when the automatic transmission breaks down one day. Also A/T tends to give lower fuel economy.

So, in the Philippines where it is common for someone to keep a used car for ten years or even more, choosing M/T is an economic choice for the long term ownership of the car.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    yah nothing is wrong is in your A/T, baka ung nagsasabi ang may problema sa A/T. It's just a matter of right maintenance.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    The concern is probably with the age of the car. The older the car with A/T tranny, the bigger the chance that you will get stuck with an expensive repair bill when the automatic transmission breaks down one day. Also A/T tends to give lower fuel economy.

So, in the Philippines where it is common for someone to keep a used car for ten years or even more, choosing M/T is an economic choice for the long term ownership of the car.
    the best answer. as in lahat nang naiisip ko nasabi niyo sir hehe.

I don't hate A/T's, in fact kung ako mismo mas gusto ko ang A/T because of the driving comfort here in Metro traffic, but maintenance wise well...

*sir ghosthunter - idagdag ko na rin po na mas mura rin po ang variants nang M/T for a brand new car (well even for a used car), around 50-80k of price difference for a transmission ay malaking halaga na rin hehe.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    so it all boils down to maintenance issues. well, AT/MT actually depends on how you maintain your car or at least on how you understand well your car. maybe it's just a matter of ignorance that explains those frowns then, thanks a lot to evrybody, i feel relieved

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
what's wrong with A/T?