New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bratski,
    just about 40k. if you can, aside from surveying other RV501 users, you might wanna actually try trading-in for them, since you're not happy with your SP70s. they're 6 ply vs the SP70's 4 ply, so i would think they should more than ably handle the punishment. and they look wider than bridgestones of the same size. don't go with the AT tires unless you plan going offroad. you've got less on-road traction and alot more noise because of the aggressive tread. we put grandtrek at tires on our santa fe when it was new, and boy were they really noisy. we eventually replaced them with SP601s. ayun, tahimik.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    michelin is the best way to go. just don't get the made in italy ones. pangit ang quality nung gawa duon. na flaflat sila agad. yung sa odyssey ko, ilan beses na palitan ang gulong sa kakaflat.

if Michelin Cross Terrains are available for the CRV size, get that. I'm running 44,000 miles on Cross Terrains, and nowhere near the end (nowhere near half life pa nga yata).

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    try the special size

28X8.50 R15 Tire by Yokohama
    Brand is Super digger

Bigger than your 205/70/R15

will not rub on wheel wells even on a full load

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Bratski,

I suggest you change your springs to the 5-seater type. As for tires, go for the Michelin Synchrone -- they're great!

That's what I did for my 4x2 CRV.

Them Dunlop RV501s are soft. Will wear out fast.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    i had the same problem wit the rv501, like IMm29 said, bout the uneven wear on the front tires,i notice it after 6months of use, and i had it aligned and we actually had to make the settings change to compesate for the outside wear of the tires. but it still wore out the outside more than inside of the tire. so dats y i bout a different type of tire now, its still dunlope. so a side from than problem i really like the rv 501s cus its bigger than most tires wit the same size rating.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    thanks guys for all your suggestions
    maxbuwaya
    I think the supper diggers are a bit larger since the overall diameter is 28". My current sp70's are 215/70 r 15 with diameter of 26.9", this size already affects my mileage and torque
    storm,
    where did you buy your 4x4 springs and how much?and also the price for the michelin synchrones.thanks

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    I bought my springs from a friend. I can't recall the price anymore because I posted it in the old Honda Club Phils. forum (which is using a temporary board at the moment).

As for the tires, you can check out shops like Roadstar. Their main shop is in Estrella St., San Antonio Village, Makati. They also have outlets at The Fort and Alabang Town Center. I think its around 4-5 thousand/pc.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    just to update you guys, I just bought a set of falken landair for the front tires.Medyo ok naman siya and not as harsh as the dunlop sp70e. Its in the stock size of 205/70 r15.Medyo manipis tingnan but quieter. I plan to change the rears to dunlop rv501's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Tire Suggestions for CRV