New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2011
    Hello po,

Tumatakbo na yung auto for 2 weeks now until i realized yung driver filled tap water sa plastic container para dun sa radiator instead of coolant. May epekto po ba sa airconditioning system ng auto for using pure tap water?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If it's only been a few days and you still have a coolant-water mix in the radiator, it's okay.

Over the long term, using tap water can introduce scale and rust to the coolant system. It's best to use distilled water mixed with coolant in 50:50 or 30:70 (30% coolant) proportions.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I would flush it out with distilled water and replenish it with the correct amount of coolant+distilled water or as indicated in the manual. Use a coolant specific to your car/engine. OEM is best. If you put in the wrong coolant, it may be bad for the pump seals.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    not the aircon system, but the engine's cooling system is affected.

Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    OEM is best.
    agree. i use honda coolant. the one from casa is ready-mix.
    i also use coolant concentrate plus absolute distilled drinking water in my non-honda.

bleed out air bubbles after you drain and refill.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Use pre-mixed coolant if available. If you need to mix 50/50, use only distilled water as the hard water from the faucet will cause rust inside your engine.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    my car is 9 years old, been using tap water ever since...ok pa naman

7. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    my car is 9 years old, been using tap water ever since...ok pa naman
    kami din tap water then sa reservoir (tama ba?) yung plastic container papunta sa radiator dun lahat coolant. our car is honda 96 w/ d15b engine. 5 years na sa amin.

Tap water instead of Coolant