New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    just cleaned my car last night and i noticed a slightly coarse surface on my city (hood and sides) even if it's cleaned already.

what cleaner do you recommend to remove the "coarse" surface? I already waxed it using turtle liquid wax but it still has a slightly "coarse" surface.

BTW, even though it's slightly coarse (on the touch) it still has a shiny look to it...

HELP needed .

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    try claying first. baka surface contaminants lang yan. then cleaner wax.

or, baka din orange-peel yan. (pics would definitely help)

also, you can try browsing through the Detailing Thread so you can get an idea on what's the problem with your ride.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    where can i buy the clay?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by archerwin View Post
    just cleaned my car last night and i noticed a slightly coarse surface on my city (hood and sides) even if it's cleaned already.

what cleaner do you recommend to remove the "coarse" surface? I already waxed it using turtle liquid wax but it still has a slightly "coarse" surface.

BTW, even though it's slightly coarse (on the touch) it still has a shiny look to it...

HELP needed .
    I suggest to bring it to your dealer for inspection, it should be under the warranty period pa ito so they can do the corrective action.

clay lang yan bro...

where to buy clay? you can buy the mothers clay bar kit at Hans Tools Shang, True Value, Auto+. Or you can buy the Erazer clay bar available at big berts.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    here's what you can do. try to "see" / feel for surface contaminants. (you can try wearing a plastic bag on your hand to feel for those contaminants..)

usually, as stated earlier, claying can give you a smooth surface again.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I'd vote for claying it too.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Lemon-peel?

Or is that supposed to be orange? :D

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    surface contaminants lang yan, sir. How long you've been using your car since your last thorough washing? Have you gone under the rain on asphalt road, dirty roads, damaged road, etc which is the source of these contaminants?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    clay bar ang katapat nyan

Surface problem on my 2006 city