New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niker View Post
    After some research in the net. The above is called a floorpan of a unibody
    design. I wonder if the civic floorpan is imported from thailand or locally produced here. The honda salesman position was that it was locally produced. He said that in Thailand, the civic floorpan was fabricated in one piece right out of the machine while locally, the floorpans were spot welded in the bench since the "one-piece" technology only belongs to Thailand and other more high tech plants. If someone can confirm all floorpans came from Thailand, then the salesman was incorrect.

In friday or so. I'll grill the honda salesman again to see if he has indeed visited the thailand plant and what security clearance he has.. whether S4 or just S1. S4 is 4 levels underground in high security advanced vehicular cybernetic exo-skeleton fabrication department where proprietary secrets may be held.
    Cybernetic exo-skeleton? Okay, this is getting weird... We're talking Hondas, right? Not Terminators? :praning:

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by aku View Post
    Cybernetic exo-skeleton? Okay, this is getting weird... We're talking Hondas, right? Not Terminators? :praning:
    Oh. Wrong choice of words, what I meant was cyberspace as in
    computerized.. that is.. computerized design of the floorpan (which
    is like the exo-skeleton of the car) which modern car plants use.
    Remember Intel processor factories or plants change their machines every
    2 years. More so car manufacturers who earn as much as Intel. We all assume that Honda International would invest in the same equipment used in Thailand as here. But it seems market pressue may dictate the decision. I mean, Philippines made cars are not exported unlike Intel Processor. Second, fully developed honda plants may produce more
    expensive cars which may not be selleable in philippine market , so the
    honda sales executive info is logical.. although of course the
    last worlds would come from any of you with direct information
    from the honda plants local and abroad.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I called up Honda Phililippines factory. They said they really produced
    all the City and Civic here... by assembling all the parts coming from
    Thailand. I called up the honda sales executive again. He said he
    has gone to the plant and saw the frames being "fabricated" here locally.
    But the operations officer at honda said the frames are imported from
    Thailand. Is the sales executive wrong or didn't understand what
    he saw when he went to the plant? Maybe what he thought as welding
    the parts together is fabricating them from scratch? This is very likely.
    One day if one of you guys visit the honda plant.. try to check this
    out. See if there is any machine that can produce the floorpan or
    all of the machines there are just assemblers.

Hmm.. if the latter is so. What's the advantage of assembling all
    parts here versus the cars fully assembled in Thailand and send in
    here in one piece? Maybe the smaller unassembled parts can escape
    customs checking better than a whole car. What do you think?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    There are no differences in assembly practices. The guy just doesn't understand them.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Bro,

Piece of advice, wag mo na lang paniwalaan ang ahenteng yan. Pareho lang kayong malilito. He is just digging a deeper hole for himself by telling things which he cannot understand. "A little learning is a dangerous thing" - to paraphrase my 2nd year high school science teacher.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    hehe. basta city namin is thailand. thats what the dealer said to me nung bumili kami nang city 2006. ngayon daw eh philippines nadaw pati nga raw din ang jazz pinas nadaw.

yung CRV ba natin is europe? i mean yung R-series ang engine?

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quality control medyo nagbabago in every car plant. Pero structural integrity? It would cost a car manufacturer millions if they would change the whole car structure. Kaya nga nagkaroon ng platform sharing with different vehicles to save millions from manufacturing cost tapos babaguhin nila ang manufacturing process just because the plant is based here in the phillipines? Oh c'mon one of the biggest BS stories from a car agent i've ever heard.

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by suysuy View Post
    hehe. basta city namin is thailand. thats what the dealer said to me nung bumili kami nang city 2006. ngayon daw eh philippines nadaw pati nga raw din ang jazz pinas nadaw.
    I also heard that after the its make-over last Nov. 2005, City(s) were CBU from Thailand and that before this makeover, City(s) were made in Sta. Rosa since 2003. But I just asked a SA from Honda Global City yesterday and he says City and Civic are being built in Sta. Rosa.

Quote Originally Posted by suysuy View Post
    yung CRV ba natin is europe? i mean yung R-series ang engine?
    [/QUOTE]

The 2007 CRV (with the 2.0 li R20A1 engine and 2.4li K24A engine) are all CBU from Thailand.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Structural strength of City, Civics made in Thailand vs Phils