New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Hi! anyone know this oil additive? May nabasa ako sa tungkol dito na it can reduce engine noise. Is this true? Anyone have experience on this? Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by honda_cindy View Post
    Hi! anyone know this oil additive? May nabasa ako sa tungkol dito na it can reduce engine noise. Is this true? Anyone have experience on this? Thanks!

oil additives are generally a waste of money. If your engine suddenly got noisy, then something is wrong. Have it checked. By hiding the symptoms of a problem, you don't fix the source of the problem and it might even get worst.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by honda_cindy View Post
    Based on my fathers passenger jeep isuzu 4BD1 engine experience, using this STP oil additive is not advisable to use according to the mechanic who repaired the problem. One of the engine piston ring damaged and after opening the cylinder head it was found that the sticky STP became heavy sludge on top of the piston.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Using cyclo additive so far ok nman skn and definitely improved my engine's performance

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    I wouldn't advise using STP oil additive, just follow your car manufacturer's oil recommendation for best results for your engine.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Dagdag gastos lang

Tsikot Mobile App

STP oil additive?