New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    if it was sold in bad faith.. hindi sinabi na nabaha.. then may habol kayo dyan sir.. pag may abogado na matatakot din yan.. pero baka naman hindi talaga na ondoy.. baka nabaha lang.. check the insurance claim history..

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thanks for the inputs guys and I appreciate all your inputs.

Here is one picture (sorry it was taken from cellphone)

I'm communicating with the sellers and they are telling me they were not aware of it and that it was working ever since they bought it from the first owner. I really find this hard to believe. I took pictures of the dried mud under the carpet and sent it to them with the demand to return our money. Will see.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by DonCamote View Post
    Thanks for the inputs guys and I appreciate all your inputs.

Here is one picture (sorry it was taken from cellphone)

I'm communicating with the sellers and they are telling me they were not aware of it and that it was working ever since they bought it from the first owner. I really find this hard to believe. I took pictures of the dried mud under the carpet and sent it to them with the demand to return our money. Will see.

[SIZE=5]Sus ko po kung ako sa iyo ihahampas ko yung jazz sa kanya o kaya papadilaan ko yung natirang putik... niloloko ka nyan seller mo kaya nya binenta nalaman din nya na ONDOY yan.. Grrrr [/SIZE]

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    First, I attempted to have this returned but to no avail. Kung idedemanda ko naman, it can drag on for months/years and lawyers don't come cheap. Win or lose I still have to pay them lawyers. Either way gastos pa rin and I'm not sure about winning it because I signed the Deed of Sale.

The sellers are not avoiding me, after their initial reaction of "disbelief", I showed them the picture of the mud and rust which is indisputable. They said they were also "naloko" by Mr. R (original owner) he in turn told them daw na di naman ito nabaha.

The slightly better news is they are willing to own up to the responsibility and they agree to return part of my money (how much is now under negotiation). I'm asking them for the cost of full detailing, rewire, rustproofing, etc.

I'll have to learn to live with this car now, do all preventive measures now to prevent future breakdown.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    ^^^ Work on it and hope for the best. But, prepare for the worst.

09Jazz is not anymore CVT, right?...

10.9K:lotocoffee:

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Kunin mo refund 1/3 the price.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by reactor View Post
    sir, as far as i know there's a law on selling cars after ondoy. my friend also bought an altis for close to 600k last may. upon learning that it was submerged durig ondoy, he asked an opinion from their company legal dept. he said that if the buyer were informed about the car previous condition,the seller is not liable for any claims but if the buyer is mis-informed, the seller "should" return back the full amount unless otherwise agreed and settled with the buyer.

i hope this information will help.
    alam mo boss sa korte hindi pwede yung ganyan na sinasabi mo..

sasabihin mo mis-informed ka nung seller, ang sinabi hindi na-Ondoy. pero i-elaborate natin ito.

1. you don't have any proof na tinanong mo ito sa kanya. may audio recording ba? wala. may pinapirmahan ba si buyer (TS) na hindi nga ito na-Ondoy? wala. dito palang dehado ka na. you won't win cases with these kind of statements. magaling ang mga abogado dito and hence napakadaling lusutan.

2. hindi revokable ang pirma sa deed of sale, kapag pumirma ka na, then it is a done deal already. you have the chance to inspect the car, medyo sumablay lang si mekaniko hehe.

3. sa kasamaang palad, 2nd owner na rin pala yung seller, let us say na kahit alam niyang na-Ondoy yung Jazz bago pa niya mabili, pwedeng sabihin niya na hindi siya in-inform nung first owner talaga meaning she don't know it was flooded and it ran fine without problems with her. yeah sounds silly but again and again, you have no evidence na alam nga niya talaga. presumptions lang ang alam mo.

sa pera ni TS na 500k+, mabuti pang brand new Hyundai i10 or Suzuki Celerio nalang ang kinuha niya hehe.

and to all others saying na the car is running fine for now.. who knows, for a short span of time binenta na ng 2nd owner yung Jazz niya for what reason kaya? of course malamang tinopak na rin ito and maybe napaayos niya but won't trust the vehicle again. after all, a flooded vehicle is still a flooded vehicle.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    sir I suggest you have the car fully inspected to detect kung anong level ng flood inabot ang kotse. Baka naman hanggang flooring lang yan nabaha, ok lang yan linis lang naman katapat nyan.

My car was also flooded hanggang flooring. I removed all wet parts like seats, carpet and yung mga metal brackets under the carpet I had it painted DIY lang using bosny epoxy primer. It has been a year since ondoy and my car is as reliable as it was before the flood.

Do what you can to refund any amount from the seller, but in parallel do everything you can to fix the car. Putik lang yan at kaya tanggalin yan. Ondoy's effect should have already reflected in a year's time and by now napalitan na lahat ng dapat palitan, nasira na ang mga dapat nasira. And ngayon nagagamit mo naman ang kotse ng walang problem eh di ok lang.

mas masakit sa ulo makipag demandahan keysa ipa ayos ang kotse IMHO lang...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    160 thousand ata ang steering column nito and it will fail
    in the next months because of some electronic parts.

Now that is yours.
    Unless you have a buy back guarantee in your deed of sale.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    pare, maayos ang kausap mo if they are willing to return part of your monies. meron na kayong deed of sale at nagkapirmahan na at meron ka pa mekaniko na nagconfirm na okey yun car kaya yun burden of proof that the car was indeed flooded rely unto you now. but if u really feel cheated that it was sold to you in bad faith and is giving u uncomfort then demanda mo na lang dahil maski ako di kao papayag isoli sa akin napagbentahan ko kung nagkasundo naman kami sa presyo at sa condition.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Somebody sold me an Ondoy car, now what?!