New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    sir, as far as i know there's a law on selling cars after ondoy. my friend also bought an altis for close to 600k last may. upon learning that it was submerged durig ondoy, he asked an opinion from their company legal dept. he said that if the buyer were informed about the car previous condition,the seller is not liable for any claims but if the buyer is mis-informed, the seller "should" return back the full amount unless otherwise agreed and settled with the buyer.

i hope this information will help.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    share ko lang bro.

my office mate had her 2003 lancer gls flooded during ondoy. water went past the flooring. they had the car rewired and detailed sa casa, and had no problems for a year. lately, a problem occurred on the transmission (m/t). the car wont start at neutral, it will only start at 1st gear. turns out a small piston in the transmission was badly corroded and needed replacement. it may be a minor problem though, pero hassle din ng malaki sa kasamahan ko kasi need nya yung car everyday. ECU was normal in operation, but they already replaced the alternator prior to the busted piston.

some problems may be hidden from plain view. have it checked thoroughly on a trusted shop.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    chief kung ako sayo take it back, kung ayaw nya demanda mo, goodwill mo binili yan sa seller right mo yan as a buyer. Wag ka mahiya ibalik "rights" mo yan chief. at eto batukan mo mekaniko mo "SIRANIKO" mo kahit kakilala mo yan puro oo yan kasi titingnan lang niya pera na agad. 2 word CHIEF IBALIK MO.!

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by reactor View Post
    sir, as far as i know there's a law on selling cars after ondoy. my friend also bought an altis for close to 600k last may. upon learning that it was submerged durig ondoy, he asked an opinion from their company legal dept. he said that if the buyer were informed about the car previous condition,the seller is not liable for any claims but if the buyer is mis-informed, the seller "should" return back the full amount unless otherwise agreed and settled with the buyer.

i hope this information will help.
    I think may prescription period bro.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Kung di mo na maibalik broTS ang kotse, sundin mo na lang ang payo ng mga bros natin dito...

1.rewire
    2.parust treat
    3.detailing
    4.paalis mo mga sensors then palinis mo saka ibalik
    5.ipa-flush mo engine at tranny
    6.brake system ipalinis
    7.papalitan mo grease sa cv joints mo.
    8.etc....

magastos ano?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    I am sorry to read about your misfortune... I do agree with the others... RETURN IT IF YOU CAN.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    is there a law that protects buyers of 2nd hand vehicles in general?

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Well its all about contracts. If you signed it then wala ka na magagawa... In this case, the contract is the DEED OF SALE. Kaya dapat when buying used cars inspect properly. Pag di marunong, magdala ng mekaniko...

9. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    good pm. let that be a lesson to all of us . It is better to buy a second hand car from someone you know or at least recommended by someone you know personally kahit medyo mahal than buying a cheap car na hindi mo naman alam ang history. swerte ka pa rin kung naondoy nga ang car at least wala ka naman ibang problems pa na encounter. cross your fingers na lang.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    alam ko may consumer protection law against non-declaration of ondoy victim cars. im just not sure of the specifics.

IMO, return the car to the seller, kung ayaw balik pera mo, consult a lawyer.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Somebody sold me an Ondoy car, now what?!