New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2009
    Sir, ask ko lang kung mura yung H22A sa 45K pag my transmission 70K? pwede ko ba ipalit sa SOHC VTI ko yun? If ever anu po kaya ang papalitan na mga parts sa pang ilalim ko? TIA

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by rai711 View Post
    Sir, ask ko lang kung mura yung H22A sa 45K pag my transmission 70K? pwede ko ba ipalit sa SOHC VTI ko yun? If ever anu po kaya ang papalitan na mga parts sa pang ilalim ko? TIA

Get the ECU also. Sure it fit on your engine bay, I just dont know exactly how my friend did in his Civic. The H22A is a 2.2 engine DOHC VTEC 220 hp/163 ft./lbs of Torque and it came out from Prelude SiR (JDM). For 70K including the tranny, boy take it, dont ever leave the place or take away your eyes on the engine cause thats a bargain. Here in states it cost like $2,600 just for the engine not including tranny, if you found one.

Just make sure its a H22A SiR S-Spec.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    BTW, having a heavy H22A engine in a Civic will affect its handling.

4. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by v6dreamer View Post
    Get the ECU also. Sure it fit on your engine bay, I just dont know exactly how my friend did in his Civic. The H22A is a 2.2 engine DOHC VTEC 220 hp/163 ft./lbs of Torque and it came out from Prelude SiR (JDM). For 70K including the tranny, boy take it, dont ever leave the place or take away your eyes on the engine cause thats a bargain. Here in states it cost like $2,600 just for the engine not including tranny, if you found one.

Just make sure its a H22A SiR S-Spec.

Sir how will I know if its H22A SiR S-Spec? the mechanic just inform me that the engine is H22A. I'll check the serial number of that engine.

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    BTW, having a heavy H22A engine in a Civic will affect its handling.
    Ouch! is there anyway that I can fix that sir GH?

Mga Sir...Thanks for the Infos
    Last edited by rai711; November 1st, 2009 at 07:08 PM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ouch! is there anyway that I can fix that sir GH?
    You can't change physics. Also heavy engine would require stiffer springs, which would affect ride quality. Using typical Civic aftermarket springs would just bottom out every time you encounter a road speed bump or a pothole.

I know this because I have a SR20 engine in my Sentra. I had to use very stiff springs to avoid bottoming out my front suspension on every bump I hit.

Something else to consider.

6. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    You can't change physics. Also heavy engine would require stiffer springs, which would affect ride quality. Using typical Civic aftermarket springs would just bottom out every time you encounter a road speed bump or a pothole.

I know this because I have a SR20 engine in my Sentra. I had to use very stiff springs to avoid bottoming out my front suspension on every bump I hit.

Something else to consider.
    Hmm..change the suspension into stiffer springs,what else...shock absorber ?..Waaaaaaah I need a deeper pockets

Thank you guys

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hmm..change the suspension into stiffer springs,what else...shock absorber ?..Waaaaaaah I need a deeper pockets

Thank you guys
    Well, with stiffer springs you'll need to match them with the proper shocks.

You could research a bit on what possible springs and shock could be used for Civics with H22A engine swaps. It might be possible to use stock springs and shocks from another car into your civic which would result in a cheaper cost.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Doubt Accord stuff will fit... the honda boys might know, though...

I'd go for a mix and match... strongest shocks you can get... stiff lowering springs you can get for the front, with rubber lifters to compress them a bit and make them stiffer, matched with relatively mild suspension in the rear.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    May 2007
    don't forget to upgrade your brakes. sobrang lakas na nyan at kelangan mo ng mas malakas na stopping power. sisibak ng mga SIR yan

10. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    share ko lang ser...may natanog ako about h22 engine...astig nga daw...problem is hirap daw humanap piyesa non...kasi luma na daw...yun lang ang sabi sakin...

Sir need advise in Change engine