New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    i am currently using shell vpower sa fd ko now but i want to shift to unleaded e10 nalang para mas mura. okay lang ba ito for the car? what should i do to transition smoothly and what should i expect after shifting to the lower priced unleaded gasoline? thanks a lot. i am just scared to shift to shell unleaded e10 as it might damage the car.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    How about shifting to Petron XCS instead of unleaded e10 to make sure you will not have any problem with your car.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by paologab View Post
    i am currently using shell vpower sa fd ko now but i want to shift to unleaded e10 nalang para mas mura. okay lang ba ito for the car? what should i do to transition smoothly and what should i expect after shifting to the lower priced unleaded gasoline? thanks a lot. i am just scared to shift to shell unleaded e10 as it might damage the car.
    Are you concerned that the E10 in Shell Unleaded will damage your car? Shell's V-Power also has E10.

What is your car?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Are you concerned that the E10 in Shell Unleaded will damage your car? Shell's V-Power also has E10.

What is your car?
    civic fd. I'm scared that the decrease in RON will damage the car. i'm aware that vpower also has e10. thanks!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    I suggest you stick to your required fuel as per manual. Unleaded can damage your engine valves in time. I've asked the same question from my mentor before...

Quote Originally Posted by paologab View Post
    civic fd. I'm scared that the decrease in RON will damage the car. i'm aware that vpower also has e10. thanks!

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ednapila View Post
    I suggest you stick to your required fuel as per manual. Unleaded can damage your engine valves in time. I've asked the same question from my mentor before...
    All fuel sold here are unleaded already and it has been like that for the past ten years or so.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I have been using E10 on my FD for more than a year now. I say GO!

shifting to unleaded e10 from vpower on my fd. is it safe?