New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    bilin ko 500k, walang tinginan after ipasok sa kasa... joke lang. sayang yung FD mo SG...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you're selling, be prepared to get low-balled. Daming flood-damaged units which will be sold in the pre-owned market in a few months from now after getting refurbished or repaired. I'm curious though, why didn't you just declare the car as a total loss?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Altis6453 View Post
    I'm curious though, why didn't you just declare the car as a total loss?
    I guess he can't since the sole decision on whether a car is a total loss or not falls on the insurance company.

and we all know as much as they can they will not declare a car as total loss. unless wasak talaga nahulog sa bangin or nasunog.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I see. Several officemates of mine likewise had their rides submerged, partially or otherwise.

But a couple of them were able to have their cars (yung mga few months old) declared as a total loss so they are now waiting for their bnew cars. I think their cars were insured by PGA or Generali. Of course, those with cars with more than a year of ownership were just told that their rides would be repaired.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    naku after 6mos void na warranty? sir pag iisipan ko muna yung offer ko sa inyo..

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by actor21 View Post
    naku after 6mos void na warranty? sir pag iisipan ko muna yung offer ko sa inyo..
    Let the low-balling begin

I'd say keep the car since it can't be resold at market-value anymore. Or you can sell it, but expect to lose a lot of money from it. The risks of buying a flood-submerged car is higher because of the unknown things that could happen. Anyhow, I hope in this kind of scenario, the price is fair to both the buyer and the seller.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Damaged cars are not that bad. We've had ex-wrecks and relatives have had ex-submarines also which still provided years of good service.

What's harder to get over is the psychology of you knowing what the car has been through...

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    tama sila sir, keep the car nalang since malaki laki talaga mawawala sayo..pero kung importante talaga na mabenta mo ang sasakyan mo to have peace of mind about headaches in the future..go ahead sir..

saka if ever na ibebenta mo sa future ito, im sure ichecheck din ng buyer sa casa ang history nito malalaman at malalaman padin..

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    actor, yan nga ang iniisip ko eh. pag ang buyer ay OC, i trace nya lahat ng records sa CASA.

ssaloon, link please?

intay natin sa website ng Honda kung puputulin nila ang Warranty ng flooded vehicles. pero hindi ito magandang balita para sa akin. mas mabuti pang magka used FD na hindi binaha than keep my Jessy pero walang warranty

not sure kung pwede i declare ng total loss si Jessy because less than half ng car ang lumubog. pero 10 months old palang sya

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    actor, yan nga ang iniisip ko eh. pag ang buyer ay OC, i trace nya lahat ng records sa CASA.

ssaloon, link please?

intay natin sa website ng Honda kung puputulin nila ang Warranty ng flooded vehicles. pero hindi ito magandang balita para sa akin. mas mabuti pang magka used FD na hindi binaha than keep my Jessy pero walang warranty

not sure kung pwede i declare ng total loss si Jessy because less than half ng car ang lumubog. pero 10 months old palang sya
    If ever you're selling, I'm still for getting a bnew 1.8S tapos save nalang for a new car.

I'd *THINK* car manufacturers will really void the car's warranty after this flood unless a miracle happens. The quality and output of repair is usually more difficult to ascertain and standardize compared to building a new car.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
To sell or not to sell?