New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 1483 of 1483 FirstFirst ... 13831433147314791480148114821483
Results 14,821 to 14,829 of 14829
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    10,454
    #14821
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    sorry maybe a stupid question. clear ko lang yun never top off with straight coolant. syempre it does not apply for pre-mixed 50/50? kun pre-mix just top up and go?
    Exactly. If you have concentrate, drink half a bottle of Absolute or Wilkins distilled, add coolant into the half full water bottle... then use that mix to top your coolant reservoir up....ideally when engine is cold.Second Gen. Honda Jazz/Fit

    Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

  2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    37,291
    #14822
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Exactly. If you have concentrate, drink half a bottle of Absolute or Wilkins distilled, add coolant into the half full water bottle... then use that mix to top your coolant reservoir up....ideally when engine is cold.Second Gen. Honda Jazz/Fit

    Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    i am wondering,
    what will happen if the coolant mix we use is too concentrated?

  3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,178
    #14823
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i am wondering,
    what will happen if the coolant mix we use is too concentrated?
    Water pump/engine will have a hard time to circulate the coolant because its too viscous. And the primary coolant is still the water. The "coolant" is just there to keep it from boiling at 100 degrees Celsius (PV=nRT) or if you live in a really cold place, freezing at 0.

    Sent from my SM-T825Y using Tapatalk

  4. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    34
    #14824
    Honda Jazz 2010 1.5L GE8: Pareho po kaya radiator fan motor at condenser fan motor?

    Just replaced radiator fan motor (driver side) with no issues. Just wondering if I should get the same fan motor when it is time to replace the condenser fan motor (passenger side). Please help.

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

  5. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,712
    #14825
    Quote Originally Posted by palapatik View Post
    Honda Jazz 2010 1.5L GE8: Pareho po kaya radiator fan motor at condenser fan motor?

    Just replaced radiator fan motor (driver side) with no issues. Just wondering if I should get the same fan motor when it is time to replace the condenser fan motor (passenger side). Please help.

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

    do they look the same sa GD ko they're different.

    btw why did you replace? sunog na? a few days ago i just changed the brushes in one of the fans. the other fan is still working great (keihin)

  6. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    34
    #14826
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    do they look the same sa GD ko they're different.

    btw why did you replace? sunog na? a few days ago i just changed the brushes in one of the fans. the other fan is still working great (keihin)
    Thanks for the reply, Vodka.

    They look the same but it's hard to tell by just looking whether they are an exact fit.

    A year ago, I had the brushes of OEM radiator fan motor replaced. But 2 months ago, I noticed there are times motor does not turn on. Kailangan pa ng konting pukpok ng pliers for the motor to start.

    I could have had the brushes replaced again but decided to get a new unit instead para isang labor na lang. Mahal din labor. Another reason is for peace of mind.

    I kept the old OEM motor though.

    Photo of new motor.

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

  7. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,712
    #14827
    oh ok. sa GD they look very very different

    if you have to tap tap tap that means it's a brush issue. probably wrong size brush so it's getting stuck in its holder and not positively pushing

  8. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    203
    #14828
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i am wondering,
    what will happen if the coolant mix we use is too concentrated?
    The biggest thing to us probably is that the engine will run hotter than 50/50 as pure ethylene glycol can only transfer about ~2/3 of heat as pure water.

  9. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    34
    #14829
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    oh ok. sa GD they look very very different

    if you have to tap tap tap that means it's a brush issue. probably wrong size brush so it's getting stuck in its holder and not positively pushing
    Well, it functioned normally after the brush set change. However, after about 10 months, I noticed the inconsistent start meaning sometimes it turns together with the condenser motor, sometimes it was just the condenser fan doing all the cooling.

    I guess we can rule out the brush replacement as culprit. I reckon it was the replacement carbon brushes getting shorter after 10 months of use. Pudpod na naman siguro.

    Noted, on the GD, cooling fan motors are different. Thanks, bro.

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Tags for this Thread

Second Gen. Honda Jazz/Fit