New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 1486 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post
    I'm hoping prices will remain roughly the same. Mechanically the GD and GE aren't very different from each other; most of the change is concentrated in the engines' cylinder heads, a new torque converter on the CVTs, and perhaps slight fettling of the suspension.

I understand that this will address the initial lag when starting from a full stop. That's my issue with the current Jazz CVT, when caught in a stop and go traffic,- reason why I need to step on the gas pedal harder and consequently step on the brake pedal harder so that I do not lose lane position ....

Quote Originally Posted by wilcats View Post
    overall body rigidity increased by 160++%
    now thats a big improvement from our current GDs.
    I bet this'll sell really well.
    Is this by "increased by or to 160%", bro.?

Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    The new Fit/Jazz still looks a bit odd, but at least its now a bit sleeker...
    The wheelbase has been stretched by 50mm(1.9 inches) and now measures 2500mm(98.4 inches).

From my point of view, the structure of the front face looks more like the Toyota Yaris now....

Even with the raised rigidity, the inevitable weight gain is kept to just 22 lb.
    Impressive too but I worry that this weight-saving came at the expense of the spare tire. JDM GE Fits are shod with run-flat tires; the old spare tire well in the back has become an extension of the rear load bay for deep loads.
    Uh-oh.

To me, that is also a big concern.... I may be old-schooled, but a spare tire will always be a psychological insurance for me....

5505:home:

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Even with the raised rigidity, the inevitable weight gain is kept to just 22 lb.

Impressive too but I worry that this weight-saving came at the expense of the spare tire. JDM GE Fits are shod with run-flat tires; the old spare tire well in the back has become an extension of the rear load bay for deep loads.

Uh-oh.
    They call it ULTR luggage...
    Isn't that extra space under the trunk floor/carpet big enough to hold a spare tire or space saver?

Maybe the ASEAN Jazz version might have a spare tire, I guess we'll find out in a few months.
    Last edited by AG4; February 26th, 2008 at 10:35 AM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    This is definitely going to be my next car. Ang ganda talaga...pag-iipunan ko ito...

OT: Nice move of Honda for the civic...they increased the price a bit but they put in ABS in the V model.

Ngayon hindi nako malilito kung civic or Jazz..hehe.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    kelan lalabas itong bagong jazz? any info..

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    first thing that came to mind is the MB A-class... more pics here:

http://www.leftlanenews.com/honda-fit.html
    Last edited by gerald_g; February 26th, 2008 at 12:26 PM. Reason: add info

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    Is this by "increased by or to 160%", bro.?
    I believe it should be "increased BY 160%."

With newer cars nowadays, this is a normal development over their predecessors, especially those that prioritize handling.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    What will happen to the spare tire if this ULTR luggage is adopted for the new model? Runflat?

The current model's torsion beam rear axle setup is compact enough to provide additional room for a few things under the rear subframe so maybe the ULTR utilizes this space, but I hope there still is room for the spare.

Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    They call it ULTR luggage...
    Isn't that extra space under the trunk floor/carpet big enough to hold a spare tire or space saver?

Maybe the ASEAN Jazz version might have a spare tire, I guess we'll find out in a few months.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Like I mentioned, the ULTR luggage setup just makes use of the old spare tire well of the GD Jazz. Based on diagrams and photos I've seen, if Honda so chooses, it can easily convert this "deep" luggage area back into a spare tire well.

It would be wise for Honda to avoid run-flats in the Philippines as they're very expensive tires to replace. As of this writing, tires with normal sidewalls are expensive enough as they are.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I can't wait for it to come in.

So that secondhand first-gens will finally depreciate. I still want a secondhand Jazz! :hysterical:

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    ay news when will it come here in the philippines?