New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    Save time and inconvenience.

If you really are concerned of the surface oxidation, why not use Vaseline or grease applied with a paintbrush. The grease spreads and coats the metal better. Or, if you remove the part, warm it up to around 90°C and coat with paraffin.
    I think I can do the Vaseline thing. But if disassembling will be needed, I'll tap someone to do it for me. I'm just a newbie in the world of automotives.

Sent from my LG-H860 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    for a newbie to remove a dash..thats practically pro level [emoji28]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Demasiado ruido y pocas nueces.

Too much Ado about nothing.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    its just surface rust.. same thing happens when your disc brakes get wet from the car wash!

iba yan dun sa "bulok" sa kalawang.. hindi yan magiging dahilan para masira yun structural integrity ng sasakyan mo..
    Ah. Thanks sa info sir. But, if you're in my shoes, are you ok driving your 6th month old brand new car with these rusts?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    waste of time imho.. plus dismantling the dash will only result to unwanted creaks and rattles.. just leave it as it is as there is no intervention necessary or if you really want just brush small amount of grease. what you need to check is if you have body rust especially underneath the running board.
    Thanks sa suggestions, sir. I'll take note of this.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by im.ben View Post
    Ah. Thanks sa info sir. But, if you're in my shoes, are you ok driving your 6th month old brand new car with these rusts?

If you apply some stuff onto it, it'll be ok already. You can reapply in 1 or 2 years just to ease your mind.

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    whoa!
    when i said "I'd", i was speaking for you. it meant, you do it yourself!
    heh heh.

don't dis-assemble it. just do the best your fingers can get at.

i can do it, but at doctor's fees.
    deal?

yes, the structure will still be there after 10 years.
    but you and i will know.
    and i can't just let it so.
    "professional pride."
    Wrong send pala ako, doc. Sorry! Haha

Sa casa ko na lang paparemedyuhan siguro. Pero definitely no disassembling.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by falken View Post
    If you apply some stuff onto it, it'll be ok already. You can reapply in 1 or 2 years just to ease your mind.

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tapatalk
    Yes, sir. Ganun na lang siguro. Hayaan ko yung casa gumawa. Hindi ko kasi abot yung kasulok sulukan na may kalawang. Haha. Aantayin ko din explanation nila bakit nagkaganito.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Hi! I just want to get some advice regarding the rusts I discovered a while ago on our car (Honda City 2018) which was bought brand new last September 2017. Majority of it are located in the reinforcement beam support, instrument panel dash area, passenger side. Hindi ako alam kung normal lang ba to considering na 6 months old pa lang. No repair history on that area at hindi pa din siya nabasa ng kahit anong liquid. Also, sa other side which is on the driver's, napansin ko na may kapirasong kalawang na din.

I already informed my SE about this and told me that he will relay this to the dealership on monday.

Thanks in advance!

My 4 month old Honda city bought from Honda last December starts to have blisters on the paint. Poor manufacturing quality from hondaFlickr

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Hi! I just want to get some advice regarding the rusts I discovered a while ago on our car (Honda City 2018) which was bought brand new last September 2017. Majority of it are located in the reinforcement beam support, instrument panel dash area, passenger side. Hindi ako alam kung normal lang ba to considering na 6 months old pa lang. No repair history on that area at hindi pa din siya nabasa ng kahit anong liquid. Also, sa other side which is on the driver's, napansin ko na may kapirasong kalawang na din.

I already informed my SE about this and told me that he will relay this to the dealership on monday.

Thanks in advance!

My 4 month old Honda city bought from Honda last December starts to have blisters on the paint. Poor manufacturing quality from honda

[Flickr

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast