New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Just want 2 share.... I got my free undercoating when I got my 2007 civic 1.8v, I insist the dealer to have it done instead of car tint. hehehe, sounds good. ;) In fairness compare to non casa, honda applies a triple coating against single coat by other shop, and I am very satisfied with it. Tnx.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    i just ordered my civic 1.8at, still at casa.
    i had mine done rustproofing din tawag nila - indeed it was 4k but this includes the underside and inside doors daw. its 6yrs warranty kaya ko kinuha. honda cars global.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    no need for it, lahat ng new cars meron ng rustproofing, gusto lang kumita ng SA mo!

4. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by G ME View Post
    i just ordered my civic 1.8at, still at casa.
    i had mine done rustproofing din tawag nila - indeed it was 4k but this includes the underside and inside doors daw. its 6yrs warranty kaya ko kinuha. honda cars global.
    * G ME

ay bro...sayang...if you can get your 4k back kunin mo...refer mo lang sa previous posts in this thread...the underproofing is standard practice sa car industry na 'freebie' and underproofing when you buy a car along with tinting.

if you do get rust-proofing make sure you get a ceritifcate na its 6 years warranty sha. My SA told me when i inquired about the rust-proofing for inside doors etc. its only warranty for 12 months then you have to re-apply. if they dont give you a certificate puk-pukin mo muna - then ask for your money back

also as previous posters mentioned here sa thread, rust-proofing is done BEFORE the care leaves the manufacturing plant and is part of the 3 year warranty. as bro jedi13 mentioned earlier in this thread, its best to get the rust-proofing done AFTER your initial standard 3 year warranty that comes with the car because any issues is covered naman.

if anything use the 4k towards the honda approved alarm sa casa in addition to the standard alarm that comes with the car. at least you get extra security to protect your brand new ride. trust me its worth it!

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Rustproofing a new car is redundant and not necessary, imo. I agree, wait for the warranty to expire first before considering those rust-proofing services (e.g. ziebart, savi, etc.). However, I go to gas stations for undercoat (e.g. shell rustguard) every 2 years.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Rustproofing a Brand New Civic?