New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    thanks for all your advise, actually one of my friend advise me to change my my ordinary air to nitro. as his experience mas maganda nga daw ang rides nya kapag naka nitro.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post
    I'm a recent convert to nitrogen, and yes I was also a skeptic for a pretty long time. It does seem to be more resistant to temperature changes, although as you said it can only hold its own against outside temperature changes for so long.

I'm presuming the real reason why it's more resistant to heating up and pressure increase is because the water vapor has been removed or reduced somehow. Basically it's "dry air" with the nitrogen proportion increased.

On my Jazz's 45-series rubber, I recently had my tires filled 36F/33R on nitrogen. I was genuinely surprised how well the car rode even with such high tire pressures - it rode slightly better than on my usual 32F/30R pressure on compressed air.

On a drive from Paranaque to Nasugbu loaded with nitrogen, I measured the pressure difference - +3F/+2R.

Just sharing my feedback.
    Better if the starting point is the same. In other words, you have 36/33 both on nitro and regular air. Lower pressure in the tires initially will allow them to heat up more due to more sidewall flex (I always ride around on 35-33).

There is probably something there, but I've tried it on many different cars, and I've never felt the difference to be worth the extra money. But then, since I drive on the SLEX everyday and run over tons of potholes and ridges, I'm constantly checking my tire pressures, whether I'm using nitro or not.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Better if the starting point is the same. In other words, you have 36/33 both on nitro and regular air. Lower pressure in the tires initially will allow them to heat up more due to more sidewall flex (I always ride around on 35-33).

There is probably something there, but I've tried it on many different cars, and I've never felt the difference to be worth the extra money. But then, since I drive on the SLEX everyday and run over tons of potholes and ridges, I'm constantly checking my tire pressures, whether I'm using nitro or not.
    Niky,
    I've ridden 37F/35R on compressed air (vs. 36F/33R on nitrogen), taking advantage of the reinforcement of my extra load-rated tires (+5 psi from stock). Trust me, the "extra load" pressure is only really advisable if you're anticipating a lot of heavy passengers or cargo Ride is uncomfortably flinty for passengers at that pressure, although I can still stomach the harshness.

As for temperature...the 37F/35R combination on air I've already driven to Subic. Measuring the pressures after stopping, the pressures spiked 41F/37R (+4 and +2 front and rear).

Not the same as testing on 36F/33R on air but it's just about as close as I have from real-world personal experience

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post
    Niky,
    I've ridden 37F/35R on compressed air (vs. 36F/33R on nitrogen), taking advantage of the reinforcement of my extra load-rated tires (+5 psi from stock). Trust me, the "extra load" pressure is only really advisable if you're anticipating a lot of heavy passengers or cargo Ride is uncomfortably flinty for passengers at that pressure, although I can still stomach the harshness.

As for temperature...the 37F/35R combination on air I've already driven to Subic. Measuring the pressures after stopping, the pressures spiked 41F/37R (+4 and +2 front and rear).

Not the same as testing on 36F/33R on air but it's just about as close as I have from real-world personal experience
    The 36-33 reading, was that from the pump, or from your personal gauge? If it was from your handheld gauge, then there might just be something to it.

Seems like some scientific back-to-back testing is in order...

Could be possible the effects are more noticeable on tires with softer sidewalls? I've gotten mixed results out of different sets of tires. On our current vehicles, two use tires with stiff sidewalls.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The 36-33 reading, was that from the pump, or from your personal gauge? If it was from your handheld gauge, then there might just be something to it.

Seems like some scientific back-to-back testing is in order...

Could be possible the effects are more noticeable on tires with softer sidewalls? I've gotten mixed results out of different sets of tires. On our current vehicles, two use tires with stiff sidewalls.
    All measurements were from my handheld tire pressure gauge :D

My Toyo Proxes 4s aren't hard-sidewall tires in the mold of the Advan Neova AD07/AD08. Hmmm looks like sidewall construction may have a hand in this after all.

I smell a Bigbigcar writeup coming :D

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    i have upgraded my stock steelies to alloy rims. from 185/70/R14 to 205/50/R16. Mas ramdam ko ang road pero comfort (or lack of it) is about the same. now better at cornering and more stable at speed.

Hindi ko nasukat, pero impression ko na mas magaan ang R16 rims kaysa sa stock. Both with tires. I was looking at rota tires, ang bibigat.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ^ If you look at Concept One's sir. Napakabigat nung mga yun. :bwahaha:

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I think, the heavier the rims, mas matagtag.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by boy_tino View Post
    na-experienced mo na ba?

kasi kaka experienced ko lang kanina ang pagkakaiba ng naka nitrogen at naka ordinaryong hanging lang.

nasubukan ko yan sa dalawang parehas na kotse (honda civic ESi) at kapwa naka tires na bridgestone turanza (195/55 R15) at ang may ari ng kotse na yan dalawa ko ring kaibigan sa parehas na lugar dito sa lugar ko (QC) at sabay din bumili sa mismong honda.

ang napansin ko ang pagkakaiba, medyo stiffer ang naka ordinaryong hangin lang samantalang yun naka nitrogen as medyo komportable ang riding ng iikot ko ang sunud-sunod ang dalawang kotse iisang kalye, same distance and same road condition.
    yup, still got it on my tires for three months now, from 30psi (november 2009) to 28psi (feb14, 2010)...and there is no really really really significant difference between compress air and nitrogen regarding comfort. matagtag pa din! sobra! (215/45r17) haha its low profile!

the only benefit i got on nitro on tires is that i dont need to check the pressure frequently. ihmo

its just in your mind.

sorry ot

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by meledson View Post
    I think, the heavier the rims, mas matagtag.
    i disagree sir

i think, the thinner the sidewall of the tires, the lack of ability to absorb impacts, mas ramdam ang tagtag...this is what in my mind, what do you think sir mel?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
riding comfort?????