New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by kokoyCB View Post
    Boss san po exact shop sa banawe. Same situation ako crv gen 3. Di pa naman ganun kagrabe ang tunog at very selective sa lubak. Salamat po.
    sa ICHICAR boss, look for sr BHONG. sa katidlad street.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Brought my 2010 GM to Exalta after reading this. Went to Wheelers first to check the suspension. Then the mechanic confirmed its with the rack & pinion. Wheelers recommended me to a power steering shop at Amoranto st. Went there and became skeptical of them when i saw their shop. So i decided to try Exalta.

Turns out Exalta & Full Gear and also RLL machine shop have only one owner. Had to queue because there already were several vehicles waiting in line. A slot opened at Full Gear so they told me to park there so we can start.

Was chatting with an inspector and he said this was a common issue with cars with EPS. Not just GM’s & GE’s. There were two Altis also having their EPS done. As usual with vehicles having suspension work done, the car needed to be jacked up. Then it was on jack stands. Was surprised to see four mechanics working on the car. One of the left side, one on the right, one inside the car dismantling the coupling, and another one beneath loosening bolts for the subframe.

I really watched my car every step of the way because this was my first time having my car worked by them.

There was a head mechanic who carefully dismantled the rack & pinion to access the rack guide bushing buried deep inside the rack. According to him their machine shop will fabricate this piece. Was told that the stabilizer link and the sway bar bushing needed replacement. They actually gave me a choice if i want to buy myself or they would buy. Of course i bought it myself. Good thing LVC was just nearby.

After 1 1/2 hour my rack finally came out of the machine shop, i was like an eagle watching their every move. Making sure the bolts go to the correct place, the bolts were all tightened, the split pin was installed, etc.
    the car needed alignment since the steering was repaired. The alignment machine was just next door.

Total damage was 3,800 for labor. Parts i bought was 1,400. Had to drive around a lot to see if there were any abnormal sounds i can hear. So far there were none. Oh i did come back because the steering was not centered. Besides that i am very happy with what they did. Car feels like new. No more kalampag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by benchph1; January 15th, 2019 at 10:03 AM.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by kokoyCB View Post
    Okay na yung sa akin mga paps. Sa exalta n. Roxas banawe ko pinagawa. Spindlerod bushings lang issue 3800 all-in pati wheel alignment after fix. Steering good as new. Nawala na din yung clunking sound sa small potholes. Pati engine support ko napagawa ko din sa kanila. Bought own for half the price as Casa sa mga auto supply dun then sila nagkabit sa Exalta -nasolve nito yung kuliglig issue ng aircon kapag low idling. Total damage incl support 9300. Casa estimate 80,000

Highly recommended si Exalta. Look for Von ��
    Up ko lang thread na eto.. may contact no. ka ba ni Von? Need ko kasi ipa check up ung pang ilalim ng sasakyan ko.. thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Recurring Rack and Pinion Assembly (gear box) problem on Honda Jazz GE & City GM