New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Hi mga sir's, ask ko lng po kung possible na i convert yung rear drum brake of my car to a caliper brakes, kc i just recently went to a surplus shop in marikina and merun akong nakita na toyota small body na nag papa convert ng drum brakes nya into a caliper brakes, and i just thought na kung possible din kya ito sa car ko?(honda city i-dsi) hehe if possible anu po kaya ang mga needed na items and how much will it cost for me to change it? thanks po

2. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Yes, it is possible, city idsi, GD model,

the higher variant for the city of the same year as yours (city GD vtec),
    have rear brake discs, hanap ka nalang ng binibentang rear brake
    assembly nun and more on salpak salpak nalang.

nahihinaan ka sa brakes ng city mo?
    ako i also have a GD model, jazz nga lang, and for me,
    ang lakas n ng preno nun.
    Last edited by 7138; February 11th, 2014 at 06:09 PM.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    ah ok sir, kya lng i will guess na mahirap makahanap ng caliper brakes nito, and is it safe narin po ba?kc i know theres a reason why they put drum brakes there, and kung makahanap po ako ng caliper brakes merun po ba kayo ma suggest na shop where they can do the job with quality?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Cost cutting lang ang only reason why some cars get drums instead of discs in the back. Kung same model usually simple swap lang yan. I think kelangan rin palitan ang proportioning valve. Make sure that it comes with uncut hand brake cables.

If you need better braking power upgrade the front brakes na lang by using bigger calipers and rotors from the same model.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

5. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    and to add... you won't benefit any upon conversion from rear drum to disc if there is no ABS...