New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Real time naman eh so basically your running front wheel 99% of the time. Siguro sa HCP mo nabasa yan, huwag ka maniwala doon mga racer wannabe mga tao doon. As for the fuel saving effect unless madagdagan ng 20km per liter ang matitipid mo eh negligible lang matitipid pag inalis mo

Saka kung gusto mo mabilis benta mo crv mo then bili ka SIR, para mas feeling shumacher...
    Haha... baka i-advice: "kabitan mo ng turbo, 5-Zigen muffler at BOV para di mo na marinig yung ingay".

But yes, my first suspect are the wheel bearings as well. Check also your tires as these can also be a source of noise, especially when its near-worn already.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    makisawsaw na rin.. been a gen1 m/t owner for almost 2yrs now and i could say my RT4WD is still intact & functional, though as already pointed out by other users na hindi talaga ganun ka solid ang RT4WD ng CRV and I do admit it. one time, i tried to climb up a semi-wet sand dune with grasses.. when both FW lost traction, it just kept on spinning w/o the RW kicking in... then we decided to push it a little bit, giving the left FW traction,, then that's the time the RW kicked in allowing the V to finally climb..

CRV RT4WD (at least Gen1 IMHO) is mechanically engaged if and only if one of the FW slips.. if both FW slips, then the rear differential doesnt engage as per my experience. one perfect example of letting 1 of the FW slip (simulation) is by making a full turn.. check out youtube videos regarding CR-V offroading,, where there's 1 V stuck due to slippage of both FW..

nevertheless, im still a happy CRV gen1 owner..

--"Tok" sound at the rear pag nalulubak??
    read this from hondasuv.com forum, but cant find the article anymore.. anyways,, culprit is the hatch glass bumping the tailgate when the V is twisted.. i think thats due to the worn out rubber mouldings.. I let my 10yr old son ride at the trunk and reproduced the problem,, and he confirmed that the sound was coming from there.. until now, i still have that,, and i guess all of us Gen 1 owners..
    Last edited by ash0279; January 9th, 2012 at 06:39 PM. Reason: kulang letra

3. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    I had my hub bearings replaced and the rear and front stabilizer bar bushings and replaced the gear oil as said by the mechanic in a local car care shop here in bulacan. Yesterday I left my car in their shop kasi malapit na daw sila mag sara, tinanong ako kung okay lang daw ba sakin. So i left my car and muka naman maayos yun shop nila. kaning 4 pumunta na ko dun para kunin ung sasakyan, excited pa ko kasi alam ko maayos na. Nung pauwi na ko tinesting ko kung naayos na yung "wompwompwompwomp" sound pag pumapalo ng 60km/h HINDI PARIN at yung tumutunog pag lubak na "tok" sa bandang likod, and kapag inaapakan ko yung brake may bagong tunog na "clack clack clack clak" na sound na na napoproduce! so bumalik ako sa shop, sinabi ko na hndi naman naayos yung concern ko. sinabi ko din na kahapon wla naman tunog kapag nag bbrake ako bkt ngaun may "clack clak clak" na sound. Sabi may susungkitin lang daw ayun sinugkit nya. hndi parin nawala. And tinanong ko kung bkt ganun ang sabi sakin meron daw ulit kailangan palitan. so another pera nanaman yun

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
realtime 4wd