New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by josephjared22 View Post
    Thank you master
    If you wont mind sir are you a mechanic?

hek hek hek! i am a u.s. a.s.e. certified master automobile technician, a.s.e. certified master medium and heavy duty truck technician. have been wrenching for over thirty years and currently an instructor for technicians for auto dealerships in my place for over twenty years. sorry, not bragging, just answering your inquiry. but thanks.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    hek hek hek! i am a u.s. a.s.e. certified master automobile technician, a.s.e. certified master medium and heavy duty truck technician. have been wrenching for over thirty years and currently an instructor for technicians for auto dealerships in my place for over twenty years. sorry, not bragging, just answering your inquiry. but thanks.
    BOOM!!:shocked2:

3. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Folks here in tsikot.com are BIGTIME

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    please knock it off already. back to your dilemma. describe the frequency, the intensity of the noise, the particular conditions when the noise appears and the perceived location of the noise source

5. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    please knock it off already. back to your dilemma. describe the frequency, the intensity of the noise, the particular conditions when the noise appears and the perceived location of the noise source
    0-60km/h wla pa naman sound na napoproduce, actually sir ganito yung napproduce nya na sound Honda Civic wheel bearing noise?? - YouTube
    between 70-80 ganun ung sound na palaks ng palakas

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I've already told you it's the wheel bearing...sakit talaga ng CRV gen 1 yan...I've not a certified mechanic but it's up to you if you want to believe me or not...

7. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    yes that is more than likely wheel bearing noise

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    for better DIY diagnosis, remove the propeller and check if the noise will disappear...

rear differential and propeller of CRV first gen produces the same noise also. in addition, one indication of rear differential propeller going bad is the heavy tok sound during close turning.. my cent

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    BTW with respect to permanent removal of propeller, that is, 4wd to 2wd, of course you should weight the feature you will be removing from your vehicle vis-a-vis the demand when you needed to use it...

if you're always on a city driving, yes can remove it. no question about it. less maintenance.

but if there will be occasions that you will use it in xpress way during heavy rains, realtime 4wd is very helpful on slippery roads. whereas in rural areas or if you will go to farm where terrain or road condition is not that good, i would suggest not remove it otherwise you should be prepared in leaving you V and just walk to your destination.

the choice is yours... regards

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    AWD doesn't help at all in the rain on concrete. Since the CR-V is front wheel drive, all AWD does is minimize torque steer from a dead stop. When a crossover or car hits a puddle and starts hydroplaning, the results are the same whether it's AWD or FWD... it gets knocked off line for a short bit, then when the front tires regain traction, the front wheels pull it straight. AWD is only safer in the rain than RWD, where oversteer in slippery conditions is more of a problem.

I've driven all wheel drive, rear wheel drive and front wheel drive vehicles in the rain, and I've also driven examples of all three in the mud and dirt (yay, rally-cross!), where there's almost no traction at all... the only disadvantage of front-wheel drive in these conditions is that if it gets too slippery off-road, it won't accelerate as quickly as AWD. The reaction to driver inputs and oversteer/understeer is largely the same (unless you have a sophisticated torque-juggling center differential and rear differential a la Evo or the current STI).

FWD is more prone to getting stuck in deep mud or sand... But since the CR-V has open differentials and no LSD, you can still get stuck if you're on a split traction surface, if you're on a deeply rutted road or if you allow your momentum to fall too low in the sand.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
realtime 4wd