New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    thanks for sharing useful infos marvel67.
    just an update on my case, it turns out that i have a leaking rad hose. when i have it checked * speedyfix, napansin nila na matigas at medyo lumobo na pala ito. so palit na. just to be sure, i replaced my rad cap na rin (same default 1.1 rate).
    now, ok na sya at tama ang sabi mo bro marvel67 about coolant returning back to reservoir.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Sir, ilang rad hose yung pinalitan? Magkano po isa?
    Kapapalit ko lang kasi ng rad kasi may tagas, ngayon lumalala naman yung pagbawas ng tubig.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    * micvel: pinalitan yung rad hose sa ibabaw, if i'm not mistaken it could be around P600 yata, japan made. if you have more budget, mas maganda yata yung mga silicone-type hose, medyo pricey nga lang.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Hi po, pa ride na rin po sa nagpost ng message kc parang pareho sa case naminm sa civic 94 na kabibili lng namin. Nung una okay ung sasakyan & kulang lng freon kaya pinalagyan namin. Kaso nung ginagamit na namin ung aircon nya, napansin namin nag o overheat sya, then nung chenik namin ung radiator nauubos ung tubig. tinitingnan namin ala namang tagas.... thanks sa info sa mga nagreply/message & itry namin, sana maging okay... thanks po

5. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    check if both fans are working, replace radiator cap and check radiator upper and lower hose for any leaks

6. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    i had that same experienced with a honda civic old model, yup much like the LXI, the radiator works, the radiator and radiator cap is good, the radiator hose also good, assuming that the water resevoir is also good, the water resevoir plastic cap has some flaws, when engine started, at first i didnt noticed but then some moisture due to the heat of the pressure from the hose will come out, now that will eventually pile up and thats how the engine begin to heats up.

how to solve this, the plasitc cap from the resevoir add some adhesive to its hose connecting to the plastic cap or rubber to would keep the pressure or moisture coming out of the resevoir cap.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    worst case scenario your cylinder head gasket may have a leak. Check if your oil level is also going down. Check if youre emitting white smoke sa exhaust.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Mga bro, sa mga may honda models 97 below better not to use po coolant, my mechanic told me to better use water pump lubricant "omega" brand instead of the coolant kasi nagbubuild up daw ang coolant sa pump that will cause stock up. As for the depleting water sa reservoir, pacheck po ng return hose and your water pump baka malapit na magstock up, mukhang di nagcirculate water sa radiator mo and eventually this will cause overheating then it will affect your cylinder head, regular draining and replacement ng water sa raditaor is a good habit lalo ngayon summer, also use mineral or purified water not tap water as per my mechanic in honda fairview

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Radiator's water reservoir always depleted.