New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2006
    sir good day po sa inyo, gusto ko lang po sana tanung kung ano comments nyo bout this honda HRv?may nakita po kasi kame ng for sale dito sa lugar namin subic daw po 3 doors matic.Gift po sana namin ng dad ko sa Mom namin ayaw nya po kasi gamitin ung Civic baka daw magasgas nya.I need your help po.TIA.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    My opinion is stay away from subic cars, if you want an HRV get a locally assembled one by Honda Cars Philippines.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    wala daw po kasing matic na local version?tama po ba?eh ayaw naman po ng mom namin ung manual.kung sakali po anu po ba mga dapat i check sa subic cars bagu i purchasE?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I'd rather not get a pre-2000 model automatic vehicle... better to get a newer one.

That HRV is a dubious buy... First of all... it's converted, from Subic... you are not assured that the left-hand drive conversion was done properly, and that could mean suspension, steering and cosmetic (dashboard rattles, cracks) problems within the next year or two. Secondly, you should be wary of the mechanical condition of the automatic transmission... if it's slow or jerky, walk away.

Just get the local one... it'll be a better buy and more fuel-efficient, to boot.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    i think it's a good buy, provided:

1. it came from north america (already LHD)
    2. the car should run right, sound right
    3. must be cheaper than local

if you can get it for the same price as a local civic 99 model, and it came from the US (not japan ha), then it's a great buy, considering that you get 4wd with 1.6L engine, at automatic pa (i'd buy one, for the right price).

if kasing presyo ng local na 96 pajero, forget it. mahal. the HRV is a niche car, no longer in production, and about as reliable as a civic (from which it was based). it should be priced accordingly. it is not a SUV, not in the strictest sense anyway.

ganda interiors ng HRV. we considered the local before buying the CRV 1st gen many moons ago. exterior is blah, medyo dull, but, with in the hands of a guy who can set it up, it could look better. i've seen a couple of local fine examples already.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    i know you and your family preferred a honda so dami matic na honda na locally assembled. city or civic - any of the two pwedeng pwede. dali pa parts. HRV - di masyado nag click when it came out. very tempting kasi presyuhan ng converted dahil mura but......

local ka nalang kung gusto mo hrv.. CVT yang hrv na galing japan.. yan ung experimenting stage pa ng honda sa cvts....

get ka nalang ng CRV or rav4..or vitara..

question about Honda HRV