New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ill take the eg hatch for a project car. eg b16a would do just fine.

medyo pricey eg hatch, lalo na kung bare bone stock. if you can get a d15b vtec eg then thats a better buy, pwede na hindi palitan yung engine. if you still want more power, trade in the d15b to eg b16a.

pwede rin yung type z pero mas type ko yung eg kasi mas feel yung power and handling.

good luck sir.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    How about a 96 or 97 vtec accord? The price range nowadays is 200k or less on the average, but you get the following:

2.2 liter vtec engine
    genuine leather interiors
    power driver seat
    a substantially huge trunk space
    roomy interiors

As a weekend project car, I think it will do the job. You won't worry so much about fuel consumption since its not a daily driver. Provided you get a decent unit, the ride is still superb. The interior is roomier than most civics. The availability of speed mods and other accessories is also not a problem. a full I/H/E set up is easily attainable.

Plus, you can also do an engine swap to an H22 to give it a little more oomph. I suggest getting the manual transmission though if there is one. The auto trannies of these accords aren't super. Just my two cents.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Type Z = Can be a weekend car. But it wont be fun. Cause that's nothing but an econo-car.

----

Civic EK Hatchback. More fun to drive, even better if a K-series engine will be swapped. But since it's quite expensive, a B-series engine will definitely do.
    EK Hatch Civics are econocar as well and this is converted right?...ang advantage lang is you can swap engines with less hassle...

for me EG or EF hatch for weekend car..and atleast with B16s

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by <smash> View Post
    Sir, pardon my ignorance. How much would a B-series cost as compared to a K-series engine?
    Sorry sir .. not really updated with the pricing of Honda engines. But I guess, B-series engines aren't that expensive since there are [SIZE=3]lots[/SIZE] of enthusiasts who have done a B-series swap on their EF's, EG's and EK's already ..

Quote Originally Posted by ozcity View Post
    EK Hatch Civics are econocar as well and this is converted right?...ang advantage lang is you can swap engines with less hassle...

for me EG or EF hatch for weekend car..and atleast with B16s
    Yep. That's what I want, the advantage of having less hassles in swapping engines.

Also, I don't feel like buying an EG or an EF nowadays since these two are rather expensive than bang-for-the-buck. An EK hatch that's worth +/- 300k is more like it since it's not that common as the EG and tuning the car is as easy as tuning an EK sedan.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    EG all the way

6. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Thanks for all the inputs guys. After hearing all of your suggestions, I'm leaning towards an EG hatch with a B18 engine. I'll start looking around for one or if I'm lucky probably an EK hatch.

Keep the inputs coming. I have a long way to go.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    db sakit sa ulo all the way? hehe

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by <smash> View Post
    Thanks for all the inputs guys. After hearing all of your suggestions, I'm leaning towards an EG hatch with a B18 engine. I'll start looking around for one or if I'm lucky probably an EK hatch.

Keep the inputs coming. I have a long way to go.
    just be careful sa mga import EK hatch sir. medyo hulihin ng mmda yung mga "y" plates. dapat complete papers para walang sabit.

good luck sir.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    If I were you, I'd get a manual FD.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by harold13 View Post
    db sakit sa ulo all the way? hehe
    Why do you say that sir? Kindly elaborate.

Thanks!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Project Honda &quot;weekend car&quot;, what's the best model?