New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    ganyan din po nangyari sa civic vtis ko may leak din yung PSH niya, nagdoble doble lang po ang gastos ko, 1 month ago may tumolo din po so advised ng mekaniko palitan ang steering kit niya so bumili kami sa casa pati yu pressurized hose cost me almost 4500 including labor, then ngayon ang nangyari tumulo nanaman, so no choice na po ako kasi bumalik lang ang tulo kaya dinala kuna sa kasa to check, so binigyan po nila ako ng quotation sa gagawin nila, eto po ang gastos ulit: Ku alam kulang nung una pa dineretsu kuna sa casa para di na na doble gastos: pero sabi po nila kapag na ayos to ok na lahat yu sasakyan,

SUCTION HOSE 1300
    PS PUMP KIT 1800
    VALVE BODY KIT 1800
    RETURN HOSE 1950
    OIL FAN GASKET 1200
    PSF 550
    BRAKE FLUID 350
    RESERVIOR LAP 350

[SIZE=2]LABOR COST : 3000[/SIZE]

2. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Emong3 View Post
    yes sir actually casa was charging me 11,900 for the hose alone they were the one who found out that my hose was leaking. wala pa ang labor diyan di ko na tinanong.
    After the usual change oil service, I pulled out my car from casa and did the repair myself. I will not spend that amount for just a hose that a replacement one can do the same job.

Oh BTW ang naging CONS lang when I used the recrimped hose (pang forklift) may humming sound kapag lumiliko. The hose somewhat vibrates or resonates and it produces this humming sound when turning. But you can only hear this when the car is stopped and you open the hood. pag umaandar na hindi na rinig. Mahinang mahina lang naman yung sound and hindi rinig sa loob ng kotse.
    I have a 2008 Civic A/T, had a power steering pressure house leak, the casa is charging around 5k to have it replaced so I tried to do have it replaced by a very respected honda tuning shop here in my province total cost was only 1,800 but there is a drawback. They replaced it with a forklift hose and re-crimped it. Yes a whining sound surfaced. It is a little loud for my comfort, I was hoping it would not be that loud when I read the post of sir emong3 but it is. There is also a vibration which resonates on the brake pedal and body of the car. I notice it but my sister does not. My humble advice is if you do not have the money to have it replaced in a dealership, better buy a replacement part in Fertes at quezon city, I would have if only I had the time to travel to q.c. from my province, at any rate one could say Im a bit disappointed how the tipid job turned out. I do not know why there is the whining sound and the vibration when only the rubber pressure hose was replaced, it looks original to me as every original part was there except the hose which was replaced. Can anybody give me their opinion on this matter? thanks

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
power steering hose